Search for content in message boards

Relationship question... in FTM 2012

Replies: 14

Re: Relationship question... in FTM 2012

Posted: 30 Apr 2012 1:56AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 30 Apr 2012 2:00AM GMT
Russ - yes I have and whilst this puts the direct Great granmother realtionship to the top of the list it still does not change the display on the main screen which remains Grand Aunt rather than Great Grandmother - there are 36 realtionships in total and it is selecting for display the realtionship from the closest generation rather than the closest DIRECT realtionship - if I detatch either of the siblings that i am descended from she displays correctly but when in the family group where she belongs she does not and reverts to Grand Aunt although her child dislplays correctly as a Great Grandfather which is what makes it silly e.g. the mother of a 28th Great Grandfather is clearly and logically a 29th Great Grandmother not a 27th Grand Aunt - the Relationship Calculator is an interesting option but it is useless or has no impact on the relationship that is displayed on the main screen in the right hand corner. I know that it seems a bit OCD but if an ancestor is a Great Grandparent that is the realtionship I want shown and that in the ethos of Family Trees and Genealogy in general because that is the realtionship that is the most important in a DIRECT line not Grand Aunt which is a lesser connection than Great Grandmother. I think this tool was not well thought out to provide the user with the best options - a function that allows the user to select therealtionship that they want from the list provided would reslove this problem or a patch that overrides any realtionship in favour of a DIRECT one and although some may argue that a Grand Aunt is a direct relationship it is still secondary to a Great Grandmother and the same person can have many relationship connections but when it comes down to genealogy only the direct one counts. Thanks again for your reply and sorry to go on about thsi but I find it very annoying as I upgraded to 2012 to improve on the 2009 version but I didn't have these problems with that version.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Russ Worthing... 29 Apr 2012 5:52PM GMT 
BurgessDonnel... 30 Apr 2012 2:22AM GMT 
cohsen 30 Apr 2012 7:56AM GMT 
susandallri 3 May 2012 7:49AM GMT 
susandallri 6 May 2012 6:29AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic