Search for content in message boards

Please restore tree headers and footers

Replies: 1

Please restore tree headers and footers

Posted: 1532365802000
Classification: Query
Has anyone else noticed the often very carefully crafted headers and footers for trees disappeared when Ancestry brought WorldConnect brought up in read-only mode? I am very upset, and my relatives have been disturbed by this as well. Those are an important part of our trees, orienting viewers, and giving them information we want them to have about our trees in general.

In my case, the headers tell who the tree is about, and when and where, and whether it is my own family or a surname study. The footers explain the naming conventions I use for people whose birth surname is unknown, without me having to add a note to everyone, and is important when visitors look at the Index, so they can decipher what they see.

Member Trees on the Ancestry site itself cannot be created without first entering descriptive information about the tree, and here you are deleting the same information from our WorldConnect trees, that is not okay in my book. If Ancestry is requiring the information on Member Trees, it must realize how important that information is, and should be restoring that facility on our WorldConnect trees as well.

Please, restore our headers and footers!
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
The_Cohens 1532365802000 
Dennisnuc 1532386478000 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic