Search for content in message boards

Denlow C.W. Memorial Update

Replies: 0

Denlow C.W. Memorial Update

Posted: 1211822877000
Classification: Query
Surnames: hopper

UPDATE - MAY 26, 2008

I returned late yesterday evening from a visit to Denlow. Once again I felt so welcomed with the warm hospitality that the people give each time I am there. I am already trying to scheme a plan in order to secure an invitation to the Denlow School Reunion each year even after our Memorial project is completed. It is possible that the delay of the memorial is a blessing after all. We have added one more names to our list of veterans and have 3 or 4 more to do research on. As mentioned previously, we do not want to leave anyone out. We also have discovered that at least one of the veterans on our list was a medal of honor recipient (William Arthur Hopper) and it is my hope that we can include a notation of that on our marker. The cemetery board built a wonderful retaining wall and platform for the placement of our marker and I wanted to share it with all. Please go to our memorial site to view the photos. http://home.earthlink.net/~cmickeys/dcm/ I also cannot end this without commenting on the descendants who come out to Denlow during the Memorial weekends. They are to be commended for such a great show of dedication to our ancestors. It is absolutely moving and amazing to see how many attend and are involved. I ALWAYS look forward to a visit in the area. Anyone with information about a Civil War Vet buried at Denlow... Please come forward. It is still not to late to add.

Find a board about a specific topic