Search for content in message boards

St Michaels Home in LaCrosse WI 1974-1976

Replies: 0

St Michaels Home in LaCrosse WI 1974-1976

Posted: 1449104244000
Classification: Query
I am trying to locate anyone who might have been a resident at St Michael's Home in LaCrosse WI any time from around August 1974 through August 1976. I was a resident on living unit 1B during that time. I have many fond memories of my time there, although if you had asked me about the place back then, my response might have been quite different. I was a troubled kid and needed all the help that place could give me.
I am not going to go into any kind of detail here, but to make a long (very long!) story short, by August 1976, they felt that I had made enough progress to release me. Even now, I have somewhat mixed feelings as to whether another year or two in there may have been beneficial to me.

I would welcome anyone who was a resident there during that time period to reply. I would also welcome anyone who was a staff member, be it a Counselor, Social Worker, Teacher, or anyone else who was in contact with the residents. It would be very interesting to establish contact with someone who may have known me at that time.

~Rick~

Find a board about a specific topic