Search for content in message boards

Orphan Train - Elsie Arbour, NYC to ??

Replies: 0

Orphan Train - Elsie Arbour, NYC to ??

Posted: 9 Jan 2012 6:15PM GMT
Classification: Query
My ggrandfather’s sister was named Hermine Margaretha aka Minnie Edling. She married an Erwin Arbour in Brooklyn, NY in 1900. They had a daughter, Elsie Arbour, born in 1901, according to the 1905 NY State census. They were living at 102 McDougall St in Brooklyn, NY with my gg grandparents, Henry & Elisabeth Edling. In 1910, Minnie is shown living with her parents,states that she has 1 child born & living, but that child is not shown as living with the family, nor is her husband, Erwin Arbour. I recently found a birth record online for an Elsie Arbour, no parents listed, just a DOB of Aug 15, 1901. When I plug that in, I get a census record for 1910 for the Orphans Asylum Society of the City of Brooklyn, where an Elsie Arbour, age 8, born about 1902, is listed as an inmate. After that, I find NOTHING on Elsie, nothing on Minnie or Erwin. I suspect she was an orphan train rider and have done some research, but am totally stumped as to how to go about finding if she was sent on one of the trains and where. Any help would be appreciated.

Find a board about a specific topic