Search for content in message boards

brickwalls

Replies: 4

brickwalls

Posted: 1330225862000
Classification: Query
Surnames: harvey
Hi
I am looking for any help for ideas as to how to find some ancestors.

I am researching my sons family tree (re ex husband side)
A rumour in the family has said that Indian blood is in the family.
I have my sons Great Grandfathers name Percy Harvey. I can only find him in the 1911 census in Cleethorpes. It states born at sea. I sent for his marriage cert . This states his father as George Harvey deceased, and Ships Steward.
This is the only Info i have.

Percy is 27 in the 1911 cenus and is a boarder so no clues there. I also have a death record for 1948 buried in Cleethorpes cemetary states name as Percy Anthony and year of birth 1800 so this does not match with the 1911 birth year.

I cannot find Percy on any other census that match with a father George.
I would be grateful for any pointers to aid my research.
I have found Percy Hargreaves Anthony Harvey In an industrial school for destitute boys in Chelmsford in 1891 states born Allalabad . I also found in this school a George Easton Anthony Harvey Born West Ham Essex b march 1878 . It states on Family search that he was christened in Danapore 18/4 1879,so some 11 months later. On a future census he is stated as being born in Albert docks London. I believe this is where the East Indian ships berthed. There is a rumour of Indian blood in the family.

I am looking for this pairs father, George. I have searched everywhere but to no avail. On Percys marriage cert it states his father George deceased as a chief steward.

So if the boys were in a school for destitute boys in 1891 where are George and Emma the mother. It also states on family search that a child Edith emma Anthony Harvey was born in Danapore in Sept 1883 and christened 22/12 1883 She died aged 9months in Howrah,​ Bengal,​ India.

I have mapped on google maps the place they were over a 5 year period from allahbad to Howrah and Danapore. This is nearly 1000km, it does follow a staight line and I wondered if the railways played a part.

So what I am hoping is if anyone can give me any clues as to what Georges Occupation could have been. And how would 2 boys end up in a ragged school.
Please note I cannot find him in crew lists passenger lists or any Military records. I do not know his birth date where he was born or when he married or died.

Many thanks for reading
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
cvbroomer193 1330251062000 
halpark 1330358858000 
halpark 1330359612000 
cvbroomer193 1330361718000 
halpark 1330365671000 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic