Search for content in message boards

Hoopopole/Whooploe/Hoopole surname

Replies: 2

Re: Hoopopole/Whooploe/Hoopole surname AN 1866 MARRIAGE

Posted: 6 May 2012 4:07PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Mickey, Solomay, Salome
I suspect you might be getting your wires crossed here somewhere.

The only entry that's coming up for anyone called saloma etcetera and a mickey is an 1866 marriage in Louisa Virginia between 2 African American former slaves and all your other names are coming up as white people.

That weddding involved a woman called solomay which is probably a corruption of salome.

Your saloma or whoever if it really is connected to you might even be a corruption of Solomon.

Those woople doople names are obviously a corruption of other names possibly germanic what's the source for those names and what's your source for salome or whomever. ?

There are some good fits for some of the Mickey names.

For example an 1880 census result for Casselman, Somerset, Pennsylvania lists a Mickey family, father = george 55 born 1825 wife mary 56 born 1824 = son daniel 18 born 1862 cousin harman lee 18 born 1862

a pretty close fit and census years/ages can commonly be out by a year or two either way.

all the birth locations fit.

What's your anchor point for all this, by anchor point I mean something or someone that you KNOW for certaian is connected to your family.

For example, someone probably knows definite information about their grandmother and works backwards from that, as opposed to jumping back a 100 years and grabbing onto someone becausethe name and location are similar.

My off site email address is on my profile if you need it, don't try to contact me via this site's private messaging system, I'm not a paid member so I can't send or receive messages via the site
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
rosaries 16 Apr 2012 2:43AM GMT 
stevetargetno... 6 May 2012 10:07PM GMT 
stevetargetno... 8 May 2012 11:16PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic