Search for content in message boards

Yonge, Mackenzie, Simpson & "Menorcan" Loyalists

Replies: 0

Yonge, Mackenzie, Simpson & "Menorcan" Loyalists

Posted: 7 Mar 2011 8:29PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Yonge, Simpson, Mackenzie, Bellinger, Bulloch, Roosevelt, Wootten
I descend Loyalist, the Hon. Henry Yonge, Sr., H. M. Surveyor-General of Georgia by 2nd wife Elizabeth Bellinger. Henry called 1st wife Mrs, Christiana Bulloch Yonge, a "rebel"; she being the sister of Patriot Gov. Archie Bulloch of Georgia of whom President Teddy Roosevelt's mother descended. Henry had my Capt. Philip Yonge, Loyalist, H.M. Surveyor-General of Georgia, who wed Christian Mackenzie, daughter of Capt. Wm. Mackenzie, H.M. Comptroller and Collector of Customs, Sunbuy, Georgia. Was William a Loyalist? Daughter Anna Jean Mackenzie wed the Hon. John Simpson, Jr., H.M. Chief Justice of Georgia, Member of H. M. council, and Crown Clerk of Court. Was Simpson a Loyalist? Philip's brother, Maj. Henry Yonge, Jr., Loyalist, was H.M. Attorney-General of British East Florida, and as such, annulled the wrongful indentures of 1,000 New Smyrna Beach, Florida, "Menorcans"; and at St. Augustine, commanded a company of Menorcan Provincial Troop Loyalists. I'd like to learn more about this unit? Henry Jr's plantation is now Ormond, Florida; it's Public Library on Yonge Street. My late grandfather was Edw. Yonge Wootten of Wilmington, N.C.

Find a board about a specific topic