Manuel P. Soares b on the Island of St. Michael in the Azores abt.1886, d 20 May 1956 in Taunton State Hospital in Taunton, MA. He was the son of Manuel A. Soares b __________ d _________and Maria doe Anjos b________ d_________ and the brother of Mary Soares b abt. 1884 in the Azores; m James E Cardoza in 1914 in Oaks Bluff; d 23 Mar 1986 (obvr). Mary & Manuel immigrated together from Sao Miguel in 1905 (1910 census) or 1906 (1920 census).
He married Margarida Medeiros Estrella 3 Nov 1908 in New Bedford; She was b abt. 1892 in New Bedford; d_________ and was the daughter of Joao Medeiros Estrella b abt. 1834; d_________ and Margarida Julia Pruducia b abt. 1842; d 1932 in Oaks Bluff; They were both born in the Azores and came to MA in abt 1875 (1910 census). They were m in abt. 1870 (1910 census).
They had the following children:
1. Lillian Soares b 11/09/1909 in New Bedford, MA; She m John Chankalian in _______; d 1976 in NJ.
2. Claire/Clara Soares b 07/09/1911 in Oaks Bluff, MA; She m Robert Wigglesworth in _______; d Apr 1993 in CA.
3. Albert Pius Soares b 01/20/1913 in Oaks Bluff, MA; He m Ida Gonsalves 12/28/1938 in Oaks Bluff, MA; d 10/21/1987 in Falmouth, MA.
4. Eugenia/Jeannette Soares b 01/08/1915 in Oaks Bluff; She m Donald Curry-Allen in 1948. They divorced in 1967 in CA; She d __________.
5. John M. Soares b 2/28/1916 in Oaks Bluff, MA; He married Ida Dorothy Butterworth in abt 1944; He d 02/12/1979 in Somerville, MA. John M. Soares was adopted in 1939 by Manuel S. Domings and Dora Cabral Domings.
6. Margarie Soares b abt 1917 according to the 1920 census she was 2 and 7/12 years old, but there is no record of her ever again, nor was she ever mentioned by any of the siblings. Was this an error on the census?
If you know anything about this family please let me know!