Death at sea

Replies: 4

Re: Death at sea

Posted: 6 May 2012 11:26AM GMT
Classification: Query
Good Afternoon:

My name is Allen Clark, Gananoque, Ontario, Canada
My e-mail Address is: allen.clark88@gmail.com

I am interested in the Clarke Family the came from The Newtownhamilton, freeduff, Tullyallen area of County Armagh, Northern Ireland in 1833.

My Clarke Family (John & Mary) came from County Armagh in 1833 with at least 2 sons that we know of, James Clarke, and William E. Clarke (My G.G. Grandfather) and I have found out that they had at least 2 daughters with them Ctherine 7 years old, and Mary 4 years old.

I am also pretty sure that they had close family relatives in New York State probably Ulster County.

Mary was pregnant and she had twins born at sea.... One lived, and one died.
The living son who was named Daniel Marron Clark, who became the Shoemaker in Cavan Township in Ontario... By the way, It has been said that his father John was a Shoemaker in Armagh Ireland.

In 1833 when my Clarke Family came to Canada there was a Colera Epidemic in Quebec City Canada, so the ship's captain or in this case the ship's Master took the Ship to an American Port. People have said it was probably New York, but I have never been able to prove it

I have been told that there s a place in the Hudson, Valley New York State, where a number of Clarke Families from the Newtownhamilton area settled. If anyone can help me, it would be much appreciated.

What I am looking for is someone in Ulster Ccounty of New York State who has knowledge of the Clarkes who came from the Newtownhamilton area of County Armagh to Ulster County, New York State.

Allen Clark
Gananoque, Ontario, Canada

allen.clark88@gmail.com
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
jtadych1939 16 Mar 2012 2:50AM GMT 
LostQuays 17 Mar 2012 12:03AM GMT 
jtadych1939 17 Mar 2012 1:55AM GMT 
allanclark901 6 May 2012 5:26PM GMT 
Robert Jerin 9 May 2012 2:49AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic