Search for content in message boards

Ernestine BEACH from Hamburg port to Montreal, CANADA

Replies: 2

Re: Ernestine BEACH from Hamburg port to Montreal, CANADA

Posted: 4 Apr 2011 8:34PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Clendinneng, Beach, Bietsch
Hi Elaine!

I was so excited to read your e-mail! You are my cousin :-) Amy Ruth Clendinneng is my Great Grandmother...I am related to her by her son, Melville Boston (my Grandpa).

I am incredibly sorry to hear of your father's passing. I am familiar with that situation as my father passed away in 2005. Actually the primary reason why I decided to do family research was that I wanted to find out about my father's roots and my mother's as well. It is kind of a healing activity. My mother is still alive and well as she is 63.

As for our Ernestine, I know a lot more information and I would love to chat or e-mail with you sometime. I was told the interesting story of Ernestine's voyage by my Great Aunt Thelma and through my Grandfather's brother's writings (his name was Frank Sinclair Boston). Thelma and Frank were quite certain that Ernestine had immigrated from Hamburg, Germany with the parents just as you say. I hired a researcher and I subsequently discovered that two 'Beitsch' girls were living in the Female Protestant Orphanage in Quebec in the 1861 census. Their first initials were 'E'. They would have stayed their until age 21 and then gone into domestic servant work. German is listed as their nationality. Also, the researcher found an immigration report from a Harbourmaster in Quebec (July 1853). He noted that two German girls approached them because they couldn't find their mother upon arrival..they gave their last names as Bothe. The mother had traveled with them but either abandoned them or got away from the girls somehow. They were given temporary lodgings and then placed into the orphanage. I also have pictures of Ernestine as well as her daughters and husband, John Clendinneng.

I am in the strong belief now that Ernestine's sister's name was Elisabetha as Thelma is certain it was. The researcher also found two Prussian baptismal records - one is for Elisabetha Baisch (of the same father) and the other for Ernestine Sophie Bode (of the same father, different mother).

This is still a bit of a mystery to me! Thank you so much for getting in touch. I was so happy to see a message from you in my inbox! My e-mail is angela.joyce02@gmail.com. I also researched Ernestine Sophie's lineage back many generations but I am not 100 percent sure it is correct.

Best Wishes,

Angela Joyce

SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Pangela84 18 Aug 2010 10:50AM GMT 
elaineclen 5 Apr 2011 1:51AM GMT 
Pangela84 5 Apr 2011 2:34AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic