Search for content in message boards

Looking for info on Dorothy Little, Mattie Benson, and John Harvey Little

Replies: 0

Looking for info on Dorothy Little, Mattie Benson, and John Harvey Little

Posted: 1414357112000
Classification: Query
Edited: 1414359296000
Surnames: Little, Littles, Benson, Anderson, Bausley
My great grandma's name was Dorothy Littles, I was told that her parents were named John Harvey Little and Mattie, that her mother was Alabama-Coushatta, and that Dorothy was born on the Reservation on 2/1/1912. So far all I have found is Dorothy listed in the 1940 census in Fort Worth, Texas with her husband Herman Bausley and my papa Henry Clay Bausley. Also, I have found a marriage record for John Little and a Mattie Benson in Palestine, Anderson, TX along with John Harvey Little's death record showing that his parents were Henry Clay Little and Martha Anderson. However, I couldn't find them in the 1920 or 1930 census and have no way of confirming that Mattie was Alabama-Coushatta and that Dorothy was born on the Reservation other than her obituary which shows a picture of her and says she was. I can not find any other information on them. I was told that Dorothy was Coushatta and had 2 full-blood brothers but cannot find a paper trail other than the 1940 census confirming that my papa was from Fort Worth, Texas. If anyone can locate them it would help. At some point before she was married, Dorothy lived with her uncle William Henry Little and his wife Tapitha in Fort Worth. John Harvey Little was born Oct 22 1886 & died Mar 4 1951. His parents were born around 1853 in Nacogdoches, TX. Mattie was born around 1888. Is there a way to find them in 1930 and 1920 and a way to find Mattie Benson. Thank you in advance. Gabrielle

Find a board about a specific topic