Search for content in message boards

Does anyone know of any slave list or Bill of sales of Africans that the following slave owners purchase.

Replies: 0

Does anyone know of any slave list or Bill of sales of Africans that the following slave owners purchase.

Posted: 1543101860000
Classification: Query
Edited: 1543102383000
Im trying to trace my family roots back to Africa. I have seen a slave list for Alexander Robert Chisolm and for Charles Cotesworth Pinckney. However, im getting close to where some of my ancestors parents probably were from Africa.

John Joyner Smith- he owned Old fort plantation I have the pension files for my 3x great grandfather Sergeant Isaiah Brown and his two brothers and they said he was there owner. Isaiah parents were Cuffee and Diana and they applied for another one of their son's pension and they were born around 1810.

Alexander Robert Chisolm- My 4x great grandfather Morris McNeil was a slave on Coosaw island he revealed that in his pension file. I have oral tradition of Morris ancestors coming from Africa but i want to see if i can find records.

William Henry Trescot- My 4x great grandfather Ansel Porcher was Born on Barnwell Island. I believe one John Barnwell son Nathaniel Barnwell owned him first before Trescott inherited the plantation by marrying Eliza Natalia Barnwell.

I believe governor Paul Hamilton owned my hamilton family on Clarendon plantation. My ancestors Joseph Hamilton and Binah.

On wadmalaw island I found a freedmen Bureau record for my ancestors name Caesar Sweetwine and Betsey. Betsey parents were Lemuel amd Lydia Mack. They were on Oak grove plantation and the list said Osma Bailey was the owner.

Charles Cotesworth Pinckney owned my ancestor on Pinckney island so I found his plantation Journal for 1818-1819. I did find my 7x great grandparents and 8x great grandparents. I want to see If i can trace them to Africa being that the pinckney family was wealthy and CC Pinckney was one of the signers of the constitution.

I believe John and Henry Mckee owned another ancestor of mine. His name was John Stapleton and his freedmen bank record said he was born on Ladies island. I did find a record for a labor contract for a man name John Stapleton for mckee plantation. I believe thats my ancestor. John parents were Robert and peggy and they were probably born between 1780-1790.

If anyone cane help I would be thankful.

Find a board about a specific topic