Search for content in message boards

Little of Edgefield, SC / Augusta, GA

Replies: 3

Re: Little of Edgefield, SC / Augusta, GA

Posted: 1507552879000
Classification: Query
Hello Anita,

Thank you for your response. Yes, I'm aware of the issue on Bessie's death cert regarding the age of the woman listed as her mother (Sarah). I continue to do concentrated research on Littles, in general, in the Edgefield area. DNA matches reveals others in the area who are related (Little / Bostick), but no direct link to "the trio" (Ellis/Sarah/Bessie) has been identified, yet. One of the most promising (non-DNA) leads was Mathew Little. He is on the 1900 Census right next door my g-grandfather Wallace. I have not been able to connect Mathew to any of the trio.

I've started to do a separate tree [Edgefield Morgan] on Littles (and Morgans) I know are related via DNA, but have yet to make a direct connection to my known tree [Morgan/Lubin Family Tree]. This is helping to pull everyone together (since everyone in Edgefield seems to be related!).

I checked out your website. Your story on John Stroud is interesting. It seems the Littles have something similar going on. The change of name from Little to Bostick in male ancestors leads me to believe so.

There are many interesting things that have popped up during my research. One that has me look for other evidence on name change is the 1900 Wise, Edgefield census. Listed with others are Ellis, Sarah, Bessie, and James Fraser. I know everyone seemed to have the same name in the 1900s, but this is interesting because of their birth years. I have not been able to find any of the Frasers listed in that census again.

BTW, my trees are public if you want to take a look and the twins you mentioned are my grandfather Earl and great uncle Elvin (they were two pretty cool dudes!)

Thanks much,
~Judy
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
LubinMorgan 1507312920000 
mochajazz 1507534475000 
LubinMorgan 1507552879000 
mochajazz 1508032278000 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic