Search for content in message boards

St John's Cemetery, New Bedford, Massachusetts

Replies: 0

St John's Cemetery, New Bedford, Massachusetts

Posted: 1466908712000
Classification: Cemetery
Surnames: Sylvia Silvia
Hi. Though I'd share my latest communication with St. John's Cemetery. My husband and I visited New Bedford, Massachusetts in April 2016. We had a family document that said our relative, Conceicao Cabral (Medeiros) Da Sylvia was buried in St. John's Catholic Cemetery, St. Elizabeth section, grave # 128. Date of death 13 November, 1961.
We look everywhere, but were not even able to find the St. Elizabeth section. After returning back to North Carolina, I wrote to the New Bedford Catholic Cemeteries office in New Bedford. I got a return letter this week - with this additional information" St. Elizabeth section got renamed to St. Isabel Section" from Ann Marie Garant, secretary of Saint John's Cemetery.

I have created a memorial in Find A Grave Memorial# 166019374 for Conceicao Sylvia. If anyone is able to actually find her grave and get a photo posted to the FAG memorial, I would be very grateful.

In any case, I hope the information about the name change of the section is helpful to someone else and they would be able to find the grave when they visit.

Find a board about a specific topic