Search for content in message boards

Can not locate Graves, Please Help

Replies: 0

Can not locate Graves, Please Help

Posted: 16 Apr 2012 6:13PM GMT
Classification: Query
My Great-great grandmother Sinthey Jane Welch Berry , born about 1832,(d. 1870) married William (Alva) Berry(abt.1825-1869) about 1857.

I can not find their graves, and they should be in the area of Hamilton, Hico, Ireland, in the general area, and I have checked hundreds of names to no avail.

Alva's child, William Chesterfield Berry is buried at little cowhouse creek in Hamilton, but he is not, unless it is an umarked grave which is doubtful.

Sinthey Jane was either from Louisiana or Arkansas, as I have been told both, she married a James Roberts from Arkansas, and lived there for a while then met and married Alva, in Arkansas and had two children born there, the rest born in and around Hamilton County,

She was born about 1831, died bout 1870, in Hamilton coulty Texas. Alva either died in 1869 or lived at least to 1900, depending which report you look at.

I have been looking for the graves, or if anyone out there could just tell me when and where they died, maybe that would help.

There should still be some Berry decendents around hamilton. Last I know, a gentelman named Ira was helping folks, and I e-mailed him, but several months ago according to one of his e-mails to my cousin, he may not be doing that anymore. I did e-mail him but recieved no reply.

Any info on the deaths, and burial places of Sinthey and Alva, will really be appreciated, and I can get on with this research!!! Any Berry decendents that are doing research and would like to share info can reach me at ancestry.com.
Thank you in Advance

Find a board about a specific topic