Search for content in message boards

Problem with the 1861 Census

Replies: 2

Problem with the 1861 Census

Posted: 8 Mar 2012 3:07AM GMT
Classification: Census
Hi

Just to give you a heads up I have just noticed that the 1861 census for Surrey > Witley > District 4 > 21 original is not matching the info in the Ancestry index box at the bottom. Here is a link to the page to see what I mean

http://search.ancestry.co.uk/iexec?htx=view&r=5538&d...

If you look at the image and then the text that is in the box below they don't match up. They are not the correct names, and the simple male/female count is different. I have gone through the whole of this document and it is an issue all the way through. Just looking at the first 2 pages where the census summary is the box at the bottom is listing people as if it were a normal census page. Not sure if this is happening throughout the 1861 census, but worth double checking.

I have reported the error via the report a problem button but it is just a simple drop down box and doesn't really allow for the detail I have given here. I have contacted the support email address as well, but it appears that just relates to IT issues rather than this type of thing. Hopefully it will be sorted soon.

SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Claire Chitty 8 Mar 2012 10:07AM GMT 
Loes Buisman 18 Apr 2012 2:09PM GMT 
Ron Lankshear 19 Apr 2012 12:13AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic