I am still looking for my full blood brother who was born to my parents prior to their eventual marriage in June 1960. I have very little information to go on but will toss it to the Universe again just in case I get lucky...
1) The adoption was arranged by the same OB who eventually delivered me: Dr. William Drier of Waterloo, Iowa (now deceased)
2) It is believed Dr. Drier either knew the couple who adopted my brother or had a prior adoption arranged by him and there for, some type of relationship with the couple. My mother remembered that the couple possibly had adopted a baby girl first and had been looking to adopt a baby boy.
3) My brother was born August 20th 1959 in Sumner, Bremer County, Iowa The birth year COULD be 1958 but its believed the month and date are correct.
4) Birth mother could have been listed on documents as being "single" and a surname of either Gerber or Halverson
5) I do not know if the birth fathers (My Dad)name would appear or not.
6) An attorney or other legal representative for the adoptive couple came and took the baby from the hospital in Sumner, Iowa
7) The adoption was finalized (or so my Mother remembered) in fall/winter of the same year...either 1958/1959 in WATERLOO, BLACKHAWK COUNTY, IOWA
If this rings any bells for someone...or if it even LOOKS "close" please contact me.