Search for content in message boards

My dilemma

Replies: 6

My dilemma

Posted: 12 Mar 2012 8:41AM GMT
Classification: Query
I was adopted, although probably not legally. I knew my real mother but saw her only a few times--including several years ago. She gave me a name for my father but not much else and I've been able to track down a man with the name who went to the same church she did during that time and would be about the right age, and the picture I found of him makes him a great possibility.

Also--his surname pops up within 15 generations a few times on my DNA testing. He passed away last year. I have his parent's name but contacting his present family is not an option for me because I can't be 100 percent sure it's him and even if it is I can't be sure he's aware he's the father or that the family would have any idea.

Still, I know a little about him. Any suggestions on where I might be able to find out more information about him--the kind of person he was, his hobbies, and so on--without contacting the family?

I know that's a tall order but the last thing I'd do would be to contact his family. So if there are any ideas for resources I'd appreciate it. Thanks.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
satoram 12 Mar 2012 2:41PM GMT 
mirnc76 23 Mar 2012 9:17AM GMT 
Natalie14468 24 Mar 2012 11:17AM GMT 
talbotrail 24 Mar 2012 12:49PM GMT 
satoram 24 Mar 2012 6:07PM GMT 
YELLOWGTOGIRL 7 Apr 2012 4:20AM GMT 
dreamauss 18 Apr 2012 11:33PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic