Search for content in message boards

POW/MIA Service Members

Replies: 1

POW/MIA Service Members

Posted: 1296089601000
Classification: Query
Please know that for Families of Soldiers who still remain in the POW/MIA status that ALL branches of the military are ACTIVELY looking for our Soldier's, this is NOT something that has been dropped.

My office is the US Army liaison with several different government agencies in order to bring our Service Members home from WWI**, WWII**, Korean War and the Vietnam War.

The Defense MIA/POW Office (DPMO) is the agency that completes the research; The Joint Personnel Accounting Command (JPAC) in Hawaii, which are the personnel that do the actual recovery; and the Armed Forces Identification Laboratory (AFDIL)if you are the Family member of a MIA/POW Soldier and have not submitted a DNA sample please contact the US Army Casualty Office at 800-892-2490 or via email at

We maintain contact with family members through phone calls, written and email correspondence, in person at Family Member Updates, and during Annual Government Briefings (Korea and Southeast Asia only). We are also responsible for implementing legislation and POW repatriation plans, maintaining case files for unaccounted-for Soldiers and for conducting Army POW/MIA awareness programs.

Again, please contact the US Army Casualty Office if you have questions about a Soldier who remains POW/MIA at at 800-892-2490 or via email at

**Prior to 1946 the Air Force was part of the Army Air Corps.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Cherri_Lawles... 1296089601000 
john_eakin 1297619459000 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic