Search for content in message boards

infomation on Issac Eernisee

Replies: 24

Re: Izaak Eernisse(n)

Paul Van Dyke (View posts)
Posted: 1116774873000
Classification: Query
Hi Karen I sent you an email. I thought I would put it on the message board for others to see. Maybe we can solve this

See the death certificate of Aaltje deGroote. . .it says she is the partner of Isaac Eernisse, and the note on the bottom says she was first the widow of Michiel Mazure. No mention of another marriage. This ISIS is maintained by the Zeeuws Archief

I think the Pieter Eernisse marriage to Aaltje deGroote is a mistake. Don't believe everything on the web (including what I put there) unless either you or the person who put it on the web can provide documentation. A genealogy of a family is not a primary source. The Latter-Day-Saints website can be a good source, if the info is on a marriage, birth/baptism or death/burial record. It is not always an accurate source when it is part of an ancestral file or Pedigree Resource file. Much of the info of the L.D.S. website has been provided by people like you and me. We are not always correct. Sorry--that seems like preaching.

On another subject from the last Descendants of Aaltje deGroote that you sent before today. Regarding Isaak Eernisse, the son of Aaltje deGroote. I believe that Maria T(h)iersen and Maria Fiers are the same person. The marriage record of Isaac and Maria gives the bride's parents as Adriaan Fiers and Dina Dierings. When I looked up Dina Dierings on the Zeeuws Archief ISIS, there are at least two different Dina Dierings--one being the partner of Adriaan Tiersen on a number of birth, death and marriage records for their children. On the Isaak Eernisse/Maria Fiers marriage certificate, Maria's parents are Adriaan Fiers and Dina Dierings. That's not absolute proof either, but it is enough of a similarity for me.

The only other thing I'm really wondering about on that same Descendants of Aaltje deGroote is the Hendrich Heath Eernisse, who is listed in the family of Pieter Jacobus Eernisse and Susanna Maria Clicquennoi. I've never seen that name before. Somehow it just doesn't fit in that family. But I can't prove or disprove him, so I'll just take it with a grain of salt. Janice

SubjectAuthorDate Posted
rst46 1017410146000 
rick_vanderwi... 1017452573000 
J_Fincken 1017576843000 
sharpcorner 1098795041000 
xxxPVanDyke 1106537207000 
sharpcorner 1114359078000 
Paul Van Dyke 1114361261000 
luap40 1116385315000 
sharpcorner 1116426580000 
Paul Van Dyke 1116774873000 
per page