Search for content in message boards

Genealogy research

Replies: 14

Re: Genealogy research

Posted: 25 Nov 2011 5:14PM GMT
Classification: Query
Well I don't think there is any way that Gotthilf and Wilhelmina could be Christine's parents 1) Gotthilf was born 1854 and Wilhelmina in 1856, 2) both immigrated (separately in 1880) and didn't marry till 1883 in Appleton, WI
You say "they" have Gottfried and Wilhelmina as her father and mother, who are THEY? Do you have her marriage license from Cedarburg? I found G & W's and from that I found her parents, perhaps you can find the same information on Christine and also her daughter Augusta.... Where do you live? You might want to check if there is a board for Ozaukee/Washington Co if you are not close enough to go to county records to see the records or maybe from RAK could check that information. There could well be a connection as I know one or both (Gotthilf and Wilhelmina) had siblings in Appleton that would not learn English and my grandmother and her siblings learned some German to communicate with this Aunt. I have not researched much beyond direct lines and have looked in census but not found any Gustmann or variations living in Appleton and have also tried Wagner & Wegner w/o any success beyond the siblings of grandmother and parents.....
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
kmsolie 26 Nov 2011 12:14AM GMT 
chgustmann 30 Mar 2012 10:19AM GMT 
kmsolie 30 Mar 2012 5:02PM GMT 
chgustmann 30 Mar 2012 9:13PM GMT 
chgustmann 30 Mar 2012 9:16PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic