Search for content in message boards

Charlotte Ann SANKEY (?) m. William Norris MARSHALL, c1863

Replies: 2

Charlotte Ann SANKEY (?) m. William Norris MARSHALL, c1863

Posted: 1124489274000
Classification: Query
Hello: I am trying to establish whether the woman named Charlotte Ann, who married William Norris MARSHALL c1863, was born a SANKEY. William Marshall was a medical practitioner who was born in Ireland, either at Tullamore in county Offaly or near Caledon in county Tyrone. According to the 1881 England census, Charlotte Ann was born at Wingham, Kent in England.
I have not been able to find a marriage registration or parish register entry for the marriage of this couple. However, all of the children were given the middle name of SANKEY.
Here are some more possible clues:
- Was Charlotte's father the Dr Frederick Sankey who was listed in the 1840 edition of Pigot's directory for Wingham, Kent?
- Or, was this Charlotte's father: W.H.O. Sankey, age 67, born at Wingham in Kent, and residing at Dowdesdell, Gloucestershire by 1881? W.H.O. Sankey was a medical practitioner, too.
- Is this Charlotte's brother in the 1881 England census: Edward Henry Sankey, born c1847 at Wingham, Kent; Vicar Of Gorsley & Clifford Mesne?
- Was Charlotte a descendant of John Sankey and Mary Simmonds, the family history of which is described at “The Saies-Jones Family Webpage”, by Dennis Saies-Jones, Don Perry, & Nancy Thompson; http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.com/~saiesjones/family.h...?
... Our main family history interest descends from the William Norris MARSHALL line, and I am trying to find out the names of Charlotte Ann SANKEY's parents. I have no further information about the SANKEY family line.
Alison Causton
Annapolis Valley, Nova Scotia
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Alison_Causto... 1124489274000 
AuntieDud 1409161508000 
AuntieDud 1409161841000 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic