Search for content in message boards

Avendano family

Avendano family

Posted: 13 Jan 2010 10:21AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Avendano
does anyone have any information on the Avendano side. most of the avendano family that i know of lives in Texas. i want to know names date of birth. there is something i know that might help do not know, no one has ever responded my Father is a Jose Luis Avendano His mother is Maria L. Reyna and father is Jose Nicasio Avendano. i do not know much more than that. can anyone help. i also know througt some posts that avendano are Sonora, Sinala Mexico.

Re: Avendano family

Posted: 27 Feb 2012 5:04PM GMT
My name is Francisco Avendano and I am from Sinaloa, Mex. My grandfather's name was Rosario Avendano and he lived all his life in the Sinaloa-Sonora border. My father and his siblings( two brothers and five sisters) were born in a little locality called El Platano Chihuahua. They moved from Chihuahua to Sinaloa and still living in different places in Sinaloa. My grandfather died when I was Seven years old so I don't remember having to much contact with him when I was a child. I asked my father about my great-grandfather but he couldn't tell me much about it. My grandfather Rosario was white and very tall; he didn't look indian so that suggest that he was no mestizo and my ancestors came from Spain or France or a different country. I want to know about my ancestry too, so I will keep looking. Hope this help you a little and I would like to heard about your family too.

Posted: 27 Feb 2012 6:22PM GMT
Surnames: Avendano
Pancho,
You have a big job ahead of you. The LDS church offers on-line indexes of births, marriages and burials, so you should look for the name Avendano for each state of Mexico separately: Sinaloa, Chihuahua and Sonora. You may find something that will help. All information from the LDS is free.
However, I discover that most information that I needed was not indexed yet. Therefore, I had to browse through image after image of records also available through the LDS. This is an intensely time consuming process. Maybe 1000s of hours.
On the same screen where you do an indexed search, scroll to the bottom. Select the item including Mexico. Then select Mexico catholic church records. Then select the city/district of interest. Then select the parish. Once you have it a list of files will appear. Select one to view actual images of the original church books.

Hope this helps. With extensive time and effort you should find information about Rosario and his family, too.

Buena suerte,
Eduardo Nissen Padilla

Posted: 27 Feb 2012 6:36PM GMT
Thanks i will give it a try.

Posted: 19 Mar 2012 4:56AM GMT
Well my name is Carlos avendano and I live in Indio California my family comes from culiacan,Sinaloa and that's where every one is a Avendano
per page

Find a board about a specific topic