Search for content in message boards

British Hospital, Valpo

British Hospital, Valpo

Posted: 11 Mar 2012 8:41AM GMT
Classification: Query
Would anybody know if the hospital records still exist, and, if so, where they might be? I believe the hospital met its demise in the 1906 earthquake, and that a replacement was to be built in El Almendral. I am particularly interested in deaths between 1880 and 1945...

Re: British Hospital, Valpo

Posted: 13 Mar 2012 7:49AM GMT
I cannot help you re the British Hospital in Valpo records, sorry.

My paternal grandfather, Dr John Lea HENSTOCK, was a doctor in Valpo. and I presume worked at the British Hospital. I know he trained in Liverpool but do not know why he then went to practice in Chile. Any suggestions?

Posted: 21 Mar 2012 3:09AM GMT
Hello,

Thanks, anyway. As you probably know, there is no mention of your grandfather in "Old Timers". Sociologists I have met claim all human behaviour is explicable but there have certainly been times when I have questioned this theory. My own relative went to Chile because his cousin was doing very well there. When did Dr Henstock arrive in Chile?

Posted: 25 Apr 2012 5:05PM GMT
Apologies for not replying before. I obviously had forgotten to request an alert! I shall need to shuffle a few papers some time soon to answer your question so please be patient
per page

Find a board about a specific topic