Search for content in message boards

Looking for info on my grandfather and grandmother Knutson

Looking for info on my grandfather and grandmother Knutson

Posted: 24 Apr 2012 11:40AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Knutson
Hello,
I'am looking for further information on my grandparents and family from Norway. My Grandfathers name was Arnold Kenneth Knutson. His parents were Ole Knutson and Sophie Knutson. My Grandma was Jeannette Olieana(?) Knutson. Her Parents were Inga and Carl Olson. I know my Grandfather had a brother named Lester who died in WW II and is buried in France. Also my grandparents came over on the boat with thier parents.My grandparents lived in Rice Lake, WI and owned some cabins I belisve near Mikana Dam. I truly hope someone has an answer for me or any info. Thank you kindly.

Re: Looking for info on my grandfather and grandmother Knutson

Posted: 24 Apr 2012 1:46PM GMT
What vital dates for each of these people? When born? When emigrated? Any hints as to WHERE in Norway they came from?

Posted: 24 Apr 2012 4:02PM GMT
I can get birth dates for my grandparents from my father. I know he said they were from around Oslo. He said one of the towns around there. I will post the dates for thier birthday's when I find them out.

Posted: 24 Apr 2012 4:55PM GMT
For some reason, this family looks familiar - but maybe I've just worked on too many Ole Knutsens.

Ole Knutsen was born 25 Mar 1888, probably in Rennebu, Sør-Trøndelag. He came to America in 1891 +-1 year. In 1900 he was living in Prarie Farm, Barron county, WI, with his step-father, Ole Olsen Eide. Presumably, Ole Olsen's wife, Gertrud, is the mother or Ole Knutsen. Gertrud was born in Norway Dec 1863.

Birth of Ole Knutsen

Posted: 24 Apr 2012 5:00PM GMT
Born 25 Mar 1888 in Rennebu, Sør-Trøndelag
Ole
Father: Knud Olsen, born 1862
Mother: Gertrud Andreasdatter, born 1863
Residence: the farm "Hoel"

Kildeinformasjon: Sør-Trøndelag fylke, Rennebu, Ministerialbok nr. 674A03 (1880-1896), Fødte og døpte 1888, side 32.
Permanent sidelenke: http://www.arkivverket.no/URN:kb_read?idx_kildeid=5328&i...

Posted: 24 Apr 2012 5:03PM GMT
If you use the search possible at FamilySearch.org you'll find that there is a family in Barron Co. WI (location of Rice Lake??) with a son Arnold Knutson born ca. 1912 in Wisconsin, mother Sofia and father listed as J. Ole. Arnold and Sofia both born in Wisconsin but the father listed as born Norway and four younger siblings to Arnold that you might recognize. Perhaps you can find a quicker way to determine at least approximate birth years and an emigration year for the father.

Ole Knutson or J. Ole Knutson (and the expected spelling variations you should expect to find in Norwegian records) will be a very common name there. Gather as much information about this man in the US as you possibly can.

Emigration

Posted: 24 Apr 2012 5:37PM GMT
Knud Olsen, Gertrud Andreasdatter and their sons, Ole and John Knutsen left Rennebu for Mennomonie, Wisconsin on 7 Oct 1891. When they registered to emigarted, they used the name "Hoel", which was the name of the farm they lived on.

#66714-#66716

http://digitalarkivet.no/cgi-win/webcens.exe?slag=visbase&am...

Posted: 24 Apr 2012 6:31PM GMT
Thank you so much. I will check with my Father and see if any of this sounds familiar.

Posted: 24 Apr 2012 6:37PM GMT
I will. I'am going to see if there is anymore information I can gather from my father.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic