Search for content in message boards

Hamilton (Caldwell County) newspapers "Hamiltonian" & "News-Graphic"

Hamilton (Caldwell County) newspapers "Hamiltonian" & "News-Graphic"

Posted: 1469490506000
Classification: Query
My 2nd great-grandmother (Jennie Elizabeth Markam) lived in Hamilton, Caldwell County, Missouri from 1870 to 1881 (potentially later) based on US Census records (1870, 1880) and marriage record (to my 2nd great-grandfather, Albert Hebert Bennett). In the 1870 and 1880 census she is listed as Jennie Esteb since her mother (Elizabeth) married Issac Esteb.

I am trying to locate the newspapers for Caldwell County and specifically the town of Hamilton for that time period. I found a reference on the Hamilton, Missouri wiki site that indicates the "Hamiltonian" and "News-Graphic" are the two papers for that time period. I'm looking for locations that have hard copies, microfilm, digital copies of the papers I can review. I am not located in Missouri.

Any suggestions are appreciated,
Darren Bennett
Duvall, WA

Re: Hamilton (Caldwell County) newspapers "Hamiltonian" & "News-Graphic"

Posted: 1470436578000
Surnames: Markam, Bennett, Esteb
Contact the Caldwell County News, 816-583-2116, news@mycaldwellcounty.com. The Hamiltonian later became The Advocate-Hamiltonian, followed by The Advocate, and now the Caldwell County News. To the best of my knowledge the hard copies are gone, but microfilm likely remains with them, or you can check with the Missouri Press Association. And lastly, you could check with the J.C. Penney Library in Hamilton, MO.

Re: Hamilton (Caldwell County) newspapers "Hamiltonian" & "News-Graphic"

Posted: 1470437977000
Thank you very much for all the great info and your time for the reply.

-Darren
per page

Find a board about a specific topic