Search for content in message boards

Any info on David W.H. Bolding/Bowling and wife Rebekah jane Black

Any info on David W.H. Bolding/Bowling and wife Rebekah jane Black

Posted: 1422394626000
Classification: Query
Surnames: Bolding, Bowling, Black

I am looking for any information on David W.H. Bolding/Bowling who was born c. 1825 in Tennessee. He married, circa 1851, Rebekah Jane Black. She was the daughter of Jacob and Margaret Peggy Sellers Black. I find them in the 1860 census for Marion County, Texas, and he is listed as "David" Bowling. Their sons, Jacob, William and James are listed also. By the 1870 census, Rebekah "Bowlin" is listed as a widow in Marion County, Texas with children Jacob, William, James and Elizabeth. She is listed again in 1880 in Marion County, Texas. She died in Cass County Texas in 1891. I do not find that she ever re-married.

I can't seem to find out what happened to her husband, who I have found listed various places as Davidand W.H. Bowling/Bolding. I assume they were married in Tennessee . I have checked the Civil War records but don't seem to find him, as the dates lend themseves to perhaps he died in the war. Any information about this Bolding/Bowling family would be of help.

Re: Any info on David W.H. Bolding/Bowling and wife Rebekah jane Black

Posted: 1428105827000
Surnames: Bolding
Hi,

You won't find a death record for David W. H. Bolding because he died before they were using them in Texas.

You can do a Google search for Marion County Texas Cemeteries and look for him in the inventoried cemeteries.

You can contact the Marion County Genelogical Society, www.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~txmarion/resources/MCGS.html. They might have his death date, death notice in the local newspaper and cemetery info

Jane Bolding
Born: 1822
Died: 1891
Burial: Avinger Cemetery, Avinger, Cass, TX
Source: www.findagrave.com which includes some family info.

The Cass County Genealogical Society, www.casscogensoc.org/WEB FILES/ may be able to look up her death notice in the local newspaper microfilm.

I also found:

1900 Cass Co. TX
J. M. Bolding, b. Tx Sept 1856, M18yrs, proprietor shingle mill
D. E., wife, b. TX Dec 1865, 5/4 ch
Hattie L., b. TX April 1883
Leroy, b. TX Aug 1887
Veatrice, dau, b. TX Mch 1891
Lester, b. TX Aug 1895
Successful Searching!

Re: Any info on David W.H. Bolding/Bowling and wife Rebekah jane Black

Posted: 1428257780000