Search for content in message boards

Skipper, Cannon

Skipper, Cannon

Posted: 9 Mar 2009 3:48PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Skipper, Cannon, Roberts
We are seeking more information on the family of George B. Skipper (1861-1918), son of Gabriel Skipper of Horry County. Through a family Bible, we know that George was married twice - his first wife was Anne Cannon, by whom he had only one child - Anna Maybelle Skipper (1888-1933) who married Paul Augustus Fann of Clarendon County. We have no record of the first marriage - just a mention in the Bible. His second wife was Annie Elizabeth Roberts (1871-1918)by whom he had at least nine children that we can identify: Charles Skipper (1893-1937), Harry Skipper (1896), George Herbert Skipper (1898, md. Juanita Davis), Jessie SKipper (1901), Blanche Skipper (1904), Rowena Skipper (1909-1922), Carrie Skipper (1910), Rosa Skipper (1913), and Ernestine Skipper (1915). There may have been other children. We also know George and his second wife are buried at Shiloh Church near Marion SC.
We would appreciate any information anyone has on any of the children of George B. Skipper, as well as any clues to the identity of that mysterious first wife Anne Cannon.
Thanks in advance!

Re: Skipper, Cannon

Posted: 22 Oct 2009 6:17AM GMT
Surnames: skipper
my randfather was henry clay skipper, born in horry county sc. do you have anything on his brothers and sisters, cant find them anywhere. i go to tabor city some,only live about1 hour from there. went last week, with a first cousin i never knew until we connected on ancestry.com. she cam and stayed for a week. we went there and i already knew some people hat knew my grandparents. my father was tom clinton skipper,married my mom rosie louise mintz. my cousins father was william clayton skipper, her name is betty skipper little,she is in washington state. hopes to come back in the spring. if you ccan help we would appreciae it. thanks patsy skipper tayloe

Posted: 23 Oct 2009 1:47PM GMT
I haven't seen the name of Henry Clay Skipper - but sometimes Harry is a nickname for Henry. Could the Harry Skipper (born about 1896), son of George Skipper, be your grandfather?

This family has been very hard to trace because so many of the children were orphaned.

David Gammon

Posted: 23 Oct 2009 6:45PM GMT
MY GRANDFATHERS DEATH CERTIFICAT HAS HIM AS HENRY CLAY SKIPPER MARRIED TO MILLIE ANN WILLIAMSON---THE PUT MATTIE, WE KNOW THAT HER NAME WAS MILLIE ANN, THANKS FOR YOUR HELP. PATSY SKIPPER TAYLOE.

Posted: 15 Apr 2011 12:59PM GMT
I think I got a likely candidate for your Anne Cannon. I have an Anna M. Cannon b. ca 1858 she was from Horry County, SC the daughter of George and Rebecca Smart Cannon. This Anna M. Cannon had at least two other sisters that died young after being married and having children.... maybe something they had in common. Also this Anna M. Cannon had a brother Benjamin Walker Cannon who named a daughter Maybelle in 1891. I'm thinking that Anna M. Cannon maybe actually be Anna Maybelle Cannon and her daughter Anna Maybelle Skipper was named for her and maybe she died in childbirth?

Posted: 15 Apr 2011 12:59PM GMT
I think I got a likely candidate for your Anne Cannon. I have an Anna M. Cannon b. ca 1858 she was from Horry County, SC the daughter of George and Rebecca Smart Cannon. This Anna M. Cannon had at least two other sisters that died young after being married and having children.... maybe something they had in common. Also this Anna M. Cannon had a brother Benjamin Walker Cannon who named a daughter Maybelle in 1891. I'm thinking that Anna M. Cannon maybe actually be Anna Maybelle Cannon and her daughter Anna Maybelle Skipper was named for her and maybe she died in childbirth?
per page

Find a board about a specific topic