Search for content in message boards

Dale, Lough, Geehan, Elward, Carson, Moffatt families

Dale, Lough, Geehan, Elward, Carson, Moffatt families

Posted: 1224751001000
Classification: Query
I am trying to find any information on a family named Geehan.

My gr gr grandmother was Priscilla Geehan who according to two of my sources was born in Lanark twp in 1830. She married Robt. Lough (1829-1905). He was born in Cumberland, Russell twp.

Robt was a builder and they moved around the Ottawa area, but eventually settled in Ottawa, where both of them died. Priscilla in 1893. Both are buried in Dale Cemetery in Cumberland, where Robt's family are buried.

Robert's family first settled in Canada abt 1800. They came from Larne, Carncastle, Antrim Co., Ireland. His grandparents were Samuel Lough (born 1764) and Betty Dale (born 1765). They first settled in Montreal and then around Chute au Blondin and eventually in Cumberland, where they farmed. They are buried at Dale Cemetery.

Samuel and Betty had 4 children...

John b- 1788 m Martha Dale, had 2 kids. He apparently died young and she remarried.

William - 1790-1852 married Mary Dale and had 10 kids,of which my Robt was one. ( The Dale's were from the same area of Ireland and cousin's intermarried here and there from what I can see.)

Samuel b- 1792 m kate McFaul, had 6 kids

Rose - married George Higginson of Hawksbury and had 7 kids.

I have a copy of the family tree originally started by their grandson John McClymont Lough. He died abt 1935 and the tree was continued until 1965 by another cousin.

I also have a copy of a picture of Priscilla sitting on her mother knee as a wee child of maybe 3 yrs or so. My grandmother had written that Priscilla's mother was an Elward. This is a name which appears several times in following generation of the Lough family.

Any information would be greatly appreciated, or if I can help anyone. Later generations lived in Carsonby, Ont., Buckingham Que., Montreal, Winnipeg, Moosomin, Sask., Regina, Calgary, Edmonton, BC and the States, as well as the Cumberland area.
Brenda

Re: Dale, Lough, Geehan, Elward, Carson, Moffatt families

Posted: 1231525720000
Surnames: Dale
Hello Brenda,

I am descended from Pontiac County Dales who came from County Derry and I have always suspected a relationship to your Antrim Dale line.

I would be happy to send you my Dale Gedcom if you would find it of use.

Do you have any evidence of links with the Pontiac Dales?

Posted: 1463031247000
Surnames: Dale and Lough families
Hi Ron.
I am sorry I didn't respond, for some reason I never saw your post before. I will have to find the Lough family tree to find any connection to the Dale's in the Pontiac. The Lough and Dale families did have family on both sides of the Ottawa river I believe. I know the Lough's did. If you are still interested, let me know. Email me at brenda29holmes @gmail.com to make sure I get the message
B

Posted: 1463062749000
Thanks Brenda,

I have sent you an email.

Ron
per page

Find a board about a specific topic