Search for content in message boards

Marriage & Death Records

Marriage & Death Records

Posted: 19 Mar 2012 1:55PM GMT
Classification: Query
How do I obtain Marriage and or Death information. I am researching members of my Family who were from Co. Sligo,Ireland.
Thank you, Sue

Re: Marriage & Death Records

Posted: 19 Mar 2012 3:36PM GMT
Surnames: Murphy, O'Hara, Kilcoyne, O'Donnel, etc....
Sue, what townlands and time frame? The 1901 and 1911 Census are online but knowing the above two things are essential (or you can just browse around but that is less targeted and I have seen many go off on tangents not of their family doing this fillowing surnames). One must be careful to make sure the connection is solid or as solid as possible. Murph_

Posted: 19 Mar 2012 9:26PM GMT
Surnames: Davey
Time - line....My G-Grandfather John Davey died before 1902, he was b. in 1837. It looks like he lived all his life in Co. Sligo.
He married in 1864 in a town named Bunnanaddan in Co. Sligo.
I'm guessing his wife was living in that town and they married in her Parish. Maybe?
The first child was born in Coolaney, Sligo, Ireland. Is that far from Bunnanaddan?
First child was born in 1865, last one born in 1880...Total of 10 children. Three of the children came to the States. I have their birth dates. The ones that stayed in Ireland I have only names and birth information. One of the girls who came to the States died in 1939. Her obit read that she had one brother (Michael) and one sister (Margaret)living in Ireland. That tells me that five of the girls were deceased before 1939.
This sure is a puzzle, Thanks, Sue

Posted: 19 Apr 2012 2:11AM GMT
I think this is the birth record for one of the children..

My LDS library happened to have this film in its permanent collection and since i was looking at the Tubbercurry records anyways i just scanned it for you..

Karen
Attachments:

Posted: 28 Apr 2012 4:21PM GMT
Hi Karen,
Thank you very much for sharing Winnifred's birth record with me. She was their first born.
LDS film.... I'm not familiar with LDS.
I am always excited to learn all I can about my Davey Family.
Karen you have made my day....Truly I Thank You, Sue
per page

Find a board about a specific topic