Search for content in message boards

Alexandra Budberg, Born Sept 13, 1874

Alexandra Budberg, Born Sept 13, 1874

Posted: 21 Sep 2010 8:01PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Budberg, Paine, Assemann
Information re Baroness Alexandra Budberg nee Countess Anrep-Elmpt and Alexandra Budberg, her daughter. I am a great grand-daughter. My grandmother was Alexandra Budberg, Born Sept 13, 1874 on the the estate of Baron Alexander and Baroness Alexandra Budberg, her parents. She was born at Magnushof near Riga, Livonia. Her uncle was Andre Baron Budberg.
She married John Paine, Englishman and Captain in the merchant marine P.80 Company R.N.R. on August 10th, 1899 in Brindisi, Italy. They had 2 daughters, Rona Paine (born 1901 in Dresden-Saxony) and Tamara Paine (born 1902 in Ringmore near Feignmouth-Devonshire, England).
John Paine died in 1908 and Alexandra returned to Russia until 1910. Left Russia for America in 1910.
Married Conrad Assemann in 1913 in Maryland. Divorced May 4, 1918. Had 3 children in the USA - Ted, Mary Clotilda, and Toby Paine. (She gave her children her previous married name)

Re: Alexandra Budberg, Born Sept 13, 1874

Posted: 24 Mar 2012 10:30AM GMT
Surnames: Budberg
I am a historian and I work with cultural heritage in Latvia. On 23.of March 2012 I bought a book in one Riga antique (Schillers sämtkiche Werke. Dreizehnter Band, Gottasche Bibliotek: Stuttgart) with an interesting signature : A.Baronin Budberg geb. Gräfin Anrep Elmpt. And on another page there is a registration that this book once belonged to library of family Böninghausen Budberg in Magnushof (by Riga).
Could that be your greatgrandmother, who owned this book?

Posted: 3 Apr 2012 4:03PM GMT
Surnames: Alexandra Budberg
Yes, this would be my great grandmother. They did live at Magnushof. I would appreciate your name and contact information for later (we are very busy this spring and summer) and will recontact you. We hope to come to Latvia and visit so your info of the area - and perhaps a bit of help getting around as a guide or a suggestions of a guide who is not too expensive - would be of interest to us.

Posted: 28 May 2013 6:03PM GMT
Hello!

Do you knew ancestors of Alexandra?

Posted: 31 May 2013 2:07PM GMT
My great grandmother was Alexandra Baroness Budberg - nee Countess Anrep Elmpt. I am aware of ancestors and have done some work on Ancestry.com.
Any information we might exchange would be greatly appreciated and most interesting to myself and her other progeny.
Look forward to hearing from you again.
LOVE2RIDEMAGIC

Posted: 31 May 2013 11:56PM GMT
If you are aware of ancestors, then who or what you seeking for?

Posted: 1 Jun 2013 11:57AM GMT
I am interested in knowing more about my great grandparents, Alexandra Baroness Budberg and Alexander Baron Budberg, about my grandmother Alexandra Budberg as a young girl before she came to the United States.

Posted: 1 Jun 2013 9:11PM GMT
But if you don't write kokretŠ± what you already know, and what you want to learn in addition, nobody will be able to understand what exactly is necessary for you and what sort information can be for you useful and new.

Posted: 2 Jun 2013 2:42PM GMT
I realize that and will be more than willing to spend time giving you the information that I do have but....
Would you please tell me what your interest is?
I received an inquiry March of 2012 from a historian working with cultural heritage in Latvia. Are you connected with that agency or another similar?
I will send a talk which I gave to a study club here. It will give you some basic information. I will do that this evening. I do have more but please get back with me first so that I understand your interest
What is kokret6?? It is in your June 1 message.
Thank you so very much.

Posted: 2 Jun 2013 3:13PM GMT
kokret6 is typing error. I meant "concrete". English isn't my native language therefore I can express my thoughts not always correctly and accurately.
I have no specific interest to your family. Simply I go many years for genealogy and I pay attention to all announcements which concern my country. It is always interesting to me.
Not, I am not connected with that agency or another similar.
Usually people write precisely that they want to find or learn, that those, who can help, could make it. And your first announcement didn't contain any concrete requests or wishes. Therefore I asked questions.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic