Search for content in message boards

william tallett B 1827 on 1861 census

william tallett B 1827 on 1861 census

Posted: 31 Jan 2009 4:07PM GMT
Classification: Lookup
Edited: 31 Jan 2009 4:52PM GMT
Surnames: Tallett, Brown
Hi ! (confused )

I would really appreciate some help on a look up for a william Tallett b 1827 Wandsworth, He appears on the 1861 census with an emma ive been told its emma brown,in deptford as(Tullett) after that he disappears from all the censuses,. Im really stuck!
the name changes alot from tullett to fallett to the real name which is tallett if any one can help on where he is before marriage would be great thanks karen

Re: william tallett B 1827 on 1861 census

Posted: 16 Feb 2009 2:01PM GMT
Classification: Query
Hi Karen
william Tullett /Tallett was my gr grandfather,what is your connection?

Regards Audrey

Posted: 17 Feb 2009 4:12PM GMT
Edited: 17 Feb 2009 5:27PM GMT
Surnames: tallet, saunders
Hello Audrey,

My nans dad was john tallett b 1876 deptford and hes mum and dad was john tallett and Elizabeth jane saunders and William I belive is John Tallets B 1856 father.Thank you for writing I have been in touch with victoria from southampton . I never realized there were so many talletts in deptford my nan was one of 10 children she was born watergate street deptford and her mum was sophia beasor born 1881 deptford. karen

Posted: 17 Feb 2009 4:57PM GMT
Edited: 17 Feb 2009 5:27PM GMT
Surnames: tallett, brown,
Hi Karen
Yes we have the same family William Tallett & Emma Brown had 7 children, William,Eliza,John,Rebecca,Henry.Sarah & Emma.I descend from William, Have'nt been able to find a marriage for William & Emma so maybe they never married. I have been in touch with Victoria
Regards Audrey

Posted: 19 Feb 2009 2:50PM GMT
Edited: 19 Feb 2009 3:42PM GMT
Surnames: tallett, saunders,
Hi audrey,

Did you ever find out where the talletts came from. I have looked everywhere for william on other censuses. but all I can see is a wandsworth birth of 1827. Also I am a bit confused about a 1881 census that says John Tallett, John Tallett and 2 Emmas in deptford at Butchers Row, when I first applied for john talletts birth cert (my nans dad)i thought hes mum was emma until greenwich reg office told me it was an Elizabeth Jane saunders, so I dont know who they were?. Also, victoria told me a bout an emma drowning somewhere in surrey? karen

Posted: 19 Feb 2009 3:38PM GMT
Hi Karen
William is on the 1871 census as an inmate in the Union workhouse, no sign of his wife Emma but she appears in the 1881 living at 43 Giffen St Deptford with her youngest daughter Emma age 15. William died in the workhouse 1874 age 47. Emma drowned in the Grand Surrey canal 1890 I have a newspaper report on her death, if you would like a copy let me know. I also have John & Elizabeth's wedding cert,I have'nt been able to establish exactly where they originate from, Wandsworth I guess but line lived and died in the Greenwich area from 1848 till well into the 60s

Posted: 20 Feb 2009 2:30PM GMT
Classification: Census
Hello Audrey,

Yes I would love a copy of the newspaper,thank you, Your side was Ester Rawlings is that right? My nan often spoke about a family member who had a shop in deptford high street, She also spoke of a shooting in creek road, victoria never herd of it, so I dont know who it was she said an uncle... I have John and Elizabeths Marriage also. Ive seen a William Henry Tullett in the first world war in france also not sure if he was any relation my nans dad and older brother was in france. I havent got many cert but on John Talletts birth it reads 4, Hughes Fields, Jane saunders present at birth fathers occ labourer more and likely dock labourer as was hes son. Also I have my nans mum and dads marriage cert where lillian dack and george walter saunders are witnesses your welcome to have copys. karen

Posted: 8 Apr 2012 1:37PM GMT
Edited: 8 Apr 2012 1:38PM GMT
Surnames: Tallett and Brown
Hi Karen,

Have been 'doing' the family tree for a few months and it appears that we are related as William and Emma Tallett (nee Brown) were my Gt Gt Grandparents. I decend from their daughter Emma who married John Pembroke. I see that you have a newspaper clipping of the unfortunate death of Emma and wondered if you could let me have a copy? I would be so grateful as I have been searching as to why she ended her life in the canal.
I am finding that it is quite a difficult 'Branch' to research any further back.
Many thanks M

Posted: 9 Apr 2012 5:10PM GMT
Surnames: Tallett, saunders, Beason, Taylor, stevenson, halson, scott, cherrett,white ,cook ,whipp,and many more!
Hi,

Nice to to hear from you, I havent actually got the newspaper clipping and Im afraid I do not know much,about that incident, I got it off a lady also related called victoria turner she does have sigts on the web. But I can give u my tree that I am currently trying to update but there is such a big family as u can imagine, can u give me your e-mail adress and I will put it on ancestry as guest and you can view. Do u know much about the talletts from wandsworth? that as far back as i have 1827 a william tallett,I have John Talletts birth cert in 1876 Father John Tallett Mother Elizabeth jane Saunders I can scan u over if u like, nice talking to u karen

Posted: 9 Apr 2012 5:11PM GMT
Classification: Lookup
Edited: 9 Apr 2012 5:36PM GMT
Surnames: Tallett, Saunders, Beason, Taylor, Stevenson, Watson,
Hi,

Nice to to hear from you, I havent actually got the newspaper clipping and Im afraid I do not know much,about that incident, I got it off a lady also related called victoria turner she does have sigts on the web. But I can give u my tree that I am currently trying to update but there is such a big family as u can imagine, can u give me your e-mail adress and I will put it on ancestry as guest and you can view. Do u know much about the talletts from wandsworth? that as far back as i have 1827 a william tallett,I have John Talletts birth cert in 1876 Father John Tallett Mother Elizabeth jane Saunders I can scan u over if u like, nice talking to u karen
per page

Find a board about a specific topic