Search for content in message boards

William Sloan's heirs to John Thomas, 1852, Wayne Co. Ky.

William Sloan's heirs to John Thomas, 1852, Wayne Co. Ky.

Posted: 11 Aug 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Deed
Edited: 8 May 2006 6:51PM GMT
Surnames: Bonds, Gibson, McKenny, Meadows, Ramsey, Sheppard, Simpson, Sloan, Smith, Yantes
Wayne County, Kentucky
County Clerks Office
Deed Book M, page 21
We Reuben Sloan & wife Polly, John Sloan & wife Anna, James Sloan & wife Nicey, Thomas Sloan & wife Comfort, Jeremiah Sloan & wife Nancy, William Sloan & wife Elizabeth, James Ramsey & wife Milla late Sloan, William Gibson & wife Elizabeth late Sloan, Robert Smith & wife Nancy late Sloan, Jane Sloan, Usley Sloan, & Matilda Slone, the latter the widow and all the former children & heirs at law of William Sloan Sr. deceased for the consideration of the sum of Seventeen hundred dollars do hereby sell and convey to John Thomas our undivided interest, right, title claim and demand, as heirs & children as aforesaid in and to a certain tract or parcel of land situate lying and being in the County of Wayne and State of Kentucky on the waters of Fall Creek and bounded as follows towit. Beginning at three white walnuts and a rock above the head of McKenny's Spring measuring S 9 1/4 E 185 poles to a rock, On Meadows old line, thence leaving aforesaid line E 51 poles to a rock. Meadows S.E. Corner thence S 4 E 38 poles to a post Oak and rock Joseph Bonds corner thence leading on said Bonds line N 73 E 79 poles to a hickory and rock. On Wray's line thence leading on said line n 16 W 105 poles to two black oak, a post oak and two rock thence N 60 E 61 1/2 poles to a post oak, stump and rock. Thence N 42 W 22 poles to a oak stump, sassafras oak and rock. Thence N 13 W 85 poles to a white oak and rock thence S 80 W 42 poles to a white oak and rock. Thence N 61 W 28 poles to three small hickories and rock. Thence S 68 West crossing the spring branch 13 poles to two rocks two cedar bushes and a small hickory. Thence S 8 W 20 poles to a large Spanish oak and rock. Thence S 75 W 26 poles to two black oaks stumps and rock. Thence S 84 poles W 55 poles to the beginning. Containing 200 acres more or less by deed from George R. Yantes & wife to William Sloan Sr. dated the 10th day of December 1851 and at the death of William Sloan Sr. descended to his heirs the undivided title, interest & shares conveyed as aforesaid in and to the land described as aforesaid, we as heirs as aforesaid warrant and defend against all persons.

Witness our hands and seals this 29th day of October 1852

Reuben x Sloan, his mark
Polly x Sloan, his mark
John Sloan
Anna Sloan
James x Sloan, his mark
Nicey x Sloan
Thomas Sloan
Comfort x Sloan, her mark
Jeremiah x Sloan, his mark
Nancy x Sloan, her mark
William x Sloan, his mark
Elizabeth x Sloan, her mark
James Ramsey By I. N. Shepperd Attorney in fact
Milla x Ramsey, her mark
William x Gibson, his mark
Elizabeth x Gibson, her mark
Robert x Smith, his mark
Nancy x Smith, her mark
Jane x Sloan, her mark
Usley x Sloan, her mark

State of Kentucky Wayne County
I Wm Simpson, Clerk of the Wayne County Court do certify that this deed from William Sloan Sr's heirs to John Thomas was on this 29th day of October 1852 acknowledged before me by James Sloan, Wm Sloan, Wm Gibson, & Robert Smith to be their act and, and on the 27th of Nov 1852 the same was acknowledged before me by Elizabeth Gibson to be her act and deed, and afterwards on the 15th of March 1853 the same was acknowledged before me by Isaac N. Sheppard Attorney in fact for James Ramsey and Milla Ramsey wife of said James Ramsey, Usley Sloan, to be their act and deed, for the purposes therein expressed

Wm Simpson Clk

And I certify that on the 30th day of October 1853 the said deed was acknowledged before me by James Sloan to be his act and deed and on the 11th day of January 1853 the same was acknowledged before me by Thomas Sloan, & Comfort Sloan his wife to be their act and deed.

Jno. R. Simpson DC for Wm Simpson Clk

And I certify that on the first day of March 1853 the same was acknowledged before me by Jeremiah Sloan & Nancy Smith wife of Robert Smith and on the 11th day of March 1853 the same was acknowledged by Nancy Sloan wife of Jeremiah Sloan, and on the 5th day of March 1853 the same was acknowledged before me by Polly Sloan, wife of Reuben Sloan to be their act and deed. Whereupon the same has been duly recorded in my office.
Given under my hand this 15th day of July 1853

I. N. Shepperd DC for William Simpson Clk

This transcription was made by James Dennis Sloan and copy provided to me, 4 Feb 1997.
Frank Mitchell

Re: William Sloan's heirs to John Thomas, 1852, Wayne Co. Ky.

Cindy Sloan (View posts)
Posted: 2 Oct 2001 2:41PM GMT
Classification: Query
Could this family have any connection to William Hiram Sloan br. mar. 4 1818 in KY? I see there is a William with wife Elizabeth in the posted will.

Posted: 2 Oct 2001 3:19PM GMT
Edited: 8 May 2006 6:51PM GMT
Surnames: Baker, McGowan, Shelton, Sloan, Slone
On 1 Oct 01, Cindy Sloan asks"
>>Could this family have any connection to William Hiram Sloan b. 4 Mar 1818 in KY? I see there is a William with wife Elizabeth in the posted will.<<

Cindy,
Sorry, different William. This William remained in Wayne Co. Ky. This is the family:

1 William Slone b: Abt. 1812 in WAYNE Co. KY. d: Aft. 1870 Mullentown Twp, WAYNE Co. KY.
. +Elizabeth "Betsy" Baker b: Abt. 1815 in KY.? d: Aft. 1870 Mullentown Twp, WAYNE Co. KY. m: 26 March 1832 in WAYNE Co. KY.
........ 2 Thomas M. Sloan b: December 1834 in WAYNE Co. KY. d: Aft. 1900 WAYNE Co. KY.
............ +Elizabeth Frances Shelton b: May 1834 in VA. d: Aft. 1900 WAYNE Co. KY. m: 02 September 1860 in WAYNE Co. KY.
........ 2 Anna Sloan b: Abt. 1837 in WAYNE Co. KY. d: Aft. 1856 WAYNE Co. KY.
............ +Samuel B. McGowan b: 1836 in Beaver Creek, WAYNE Co. Ky. d: Aft. 1856 WAYNE Co. KY. m: 26 February 1856 in WAYNE Co. KY.
........ 2 Clifford Sloan b: 08 February 1839 in WAYNE Co. KY. d: 26 June 1905 WAYNE Co. KY.
............ +Lucinda McGowan b: 27 February 1841 in KY. d: 08 October 1912 Murl, WAYNE Co. KY. m: Abt. 1861 in KY.
........ 2 William Sloan b: Abt. 1847 in WAYNE Co. KY. d: 28 August 1853 WAYNE Co. KY.
........ 2 Smiley Slone b: August 1847 in WAYNE Co. KY. d: Aft. 1910 WAYNE Co. KY.
........ 2 Matilda Slone b: September 1849 in WAYNE Co. KY. d: Aft. 1910 WAYNE Co. KY.
........ 2 James E. Sloan b: 21 July 1855 in Beaver Creek, WAYNE Co. KY. d: Aft. 1900 RUSSELL Co. KY.
............ +Rebecca E. McGowan b: 08 January 1852 in KY. d: Aft. 1900 RUSSELL Co. KY. m: Abt. 1876 in KY.
........ 2 Braxton Sloan b: 18 December 1858 in Beaver Creek, WAYNE Co. KY. d: Aft. 1900 WAYNE Co. KY.

Frank Mitchell
Visit "The Sloan Connection" at http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.com/~fmitchel/sloan/inde...
or
http://www.sloanconnection.com/

Posted: 12 Aug 2014 10:05PM GMT
What exactly does this deed mean?

I"m related to this family line. Robert Turner married Marguerite (daughter of clifford and willma the grandkids of clifford sloan and lucinda mcgowan) and fathered my grandma Lavoynne Rochelle Turner(Gonzalez), who had my mother Michelle Hall, and then of course who had me.

If anyone else is related to this family line please feel free to look up my tree on Geni.
just search Carl Jason Campbell
per page

Find a board about a specific topic