Search for content in message boards

Essie Jane Burnett

Essie Jane Burnett

Posted: 1315867238000
Classification: Query
Surnames: Burnett, Eudy
I am the great granddaughter of this woman. Is there anyone who knows when and where she was born and who her parents were. She was married to Levi Enoch Eudy and had a number of children Ike Eudy, Polk Eudy, Ella Eudy, John Eudy. They lived in Howard County Arkansas
Jo Anderson

Re: Essie Jane Burnett

Posted: 1315878288000
I'm looking forward to a "mess" of teacakes FedEx'd to Dover, Delaware within the next ten days!(lol) You'll probably never find any trace of her under surname Burnett? Search for surname Barnett, instead! OBTW! Don't put a lot of faith in public family trees! Some indicate she wed Levi 22 Sep 1907 in Nashville, AR. Of course, she died a decade earlier. The actual marriage date was 5 Nov 1882 per familysearch.org. Her parents were Joseph B. Barnett and Elizabeth LNU. In reverse order, search: 1880 AR-Howard-Center Point-District 115-Image 1, 1870 AR-Sevier-Blue Bayou-Image 10, 1860 GA-Forsyth-Not Stated-Image 65, and 1850 SC-Laurens-Laurens-Image 86. The father misidentified as I. B. Barnett in 1850. Please submit a correction. Now you can really get busy tracing Essie's siblings!(lol)

Posted: 1315908979000
Tea cakes on the way!!!!!! Just got through boiling a mess of greens. Thank you for the info.
Jo Anderson

Posted: 1315921208000
Have fun! I didnt't perform a comprehensive search but it appears most of Essie's siblings remained in the Howard and Sevier County, AR area. There are marriage records for: M. C. Barnett/Henry Harrison, E. E. Barnett/M. J. Burt, John T. Barnett/Martha A. Bedwell, and Theodosia Barnett/Reed R. Doby.

Posted: 1315924869000
I have a record of a word of mouth from one Eudy to another that Essie Jane Burnett was buried with EL Eudy in a cemetery in Center Point. All the info from her direct descendents thinks she is Essie Jane Burnett. Are you sure it is Barnett? Some of the census records call her Essa or Esa. Could it be two different women?
Sorry to pick.
Jo Anderson

Posted: 1315925676000
All of the census records indicate Barnett is correct. The marriage record has initials: E. J. Barnett born 1856 married L. E. Eudy 5 Nov 1882 per https//familysearch.org/ If you find her on any record as Burnett, and not a typo, holler back!

Posted: 1315934829000
I will. Thank you so much for sticking with me on this. Now, I am off to the land of more word of mouth by living Eudys .
Jo Anderson

Posted: 1315937433000
If you find surname Burnett in Howard County, 1850-1900, let me know? A plausible explanation, "'Barnett' could be easily misinterpreted as 'Burnett'". All that's necessary is for the top loop of the "a" to be incomplete or fade over time when written in script.

Posted: 1315940755000
You are absolutely right. I just heard from a living Eudy that the name was Barnett. How can I ever let all these people with the wrong thing on their trees know? The other thing is that with the name Burnett some of them have connected the Eudys with the Potawatomi Native American Indian tribe. I am disappointed as that was a very romantic notion. Anyway the riddle is solved and you are right the documentation in Howard County is correct. Thanks so much. What Eudy are you connected with? Essie and Levi? My daddy was Ezra Levi Harris, their grandson.
Jo Anderson

Posted: 1315948416000
Not related! I do voluntary lookups to help people resolve "brickwalls". I was hoping that some of Levi/Essie's kids were taken-in by the Barnett(s). Seems that did not happen?
per page

Find a board about a specific topic