Search for content in message boards

Freddie T. Hamlin, searching possible family in Hawaii

Freddie T. Hamlin, searching possible family in Hawaii

Posted: 1 Aug 2008 4:50AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Hamlin
My name is Joy (Hamlin) Robinson, daughter of the late Freddie T. Hamlin, who died in Tulsa, Oklahoma, on July 24, 2007. A few months before my father passed away, we were having a conversation about genealogy and family. Now, my father was a stroke victim, so his speech had become somewhat unclear. Knowing the medical condition he was in, he also became very emotional at times. So you will understand the following: It was at this point in our conversation that he told me "We have more family in Hawaii". I looked at him and repeated what he had just said with question. And he nodded yes, and became very emotional. Being that he was in tears, I did not continue with that conversation. My father passed away before I could question him about Hawaii. I have since asked all of his living relatives, include my mother. My parents were divorced in the late 80's. Mom remembers my father carrying around a picture of a little girl with red curly hair. Mom does not know who she was, but seems to think it may have something to do with the time my father spent in Hawii while stationed there. My father was in the Army. He was stationed in Hawaii sometime between 1959 and 1962. I know it is a long shot, but I strongly feel I may have a half sister out there somewhere. If any of this sound somewhat familiar, please contact me.

Re: Freddie T. Hamlin, searching possible family in Hawaii

Posted: 1 Nov 2008 3:24AM GMT
Hi Joy,

Firstly, condolences for the loss of your father last year. Have you tried narrowing the search down? Your father was stationed in Hawaii, so the Army would have records of exactly which area he would have been stationed at, then you could possibly narrow your search to that area? The National Personnel Records Centre in St Louis, Missouri holds the records that are available for limited public access - for discharged military personnel you can go here to request copies of records - but you will need next of kin authorisation...
http://www.archives.gov/research_room/obtain_copies/veterans...

US Army Centre of Military History [http://www.army.mil/cmh-pg/default.htm]

I hope this helps.

Warm regards
Lisa Heleiki

Posted: 1 Nov 2008 4:33AM GMT
Surnames: Hamlin
Thank you for your suggestion, however, I have already tried his military records. There is no mention of family in his file. My guess is that he may have had a child out of wedlock and it was never reported to the Army. I do know he was stationed at Schofield with Co. B, 1st BG, 27th Infantry from approx December 1959 through February 1962. I know I may just be grasping at straws, but if I have family out there somewhere, I want to make every effort to contact them.

Thanks again for your help.

Posted: 25 Jul 2011 7:44AM GMT
It has come to my attention that the person I may be looking for is a Leilani Rose. I am not sure if that is the name of my possible half sister or her mother. But if there is anyone out there by the name of Leilani Rose, associated with the Army base in Hawaii between 1959-1962, who knew Freddie Thomas Hamlin who was stationed there during that time, please contact me at naturesjoy@hotmail.com. If you have an old picture of Freddie, lets compare photos and see if we have the same person. I have several pictures of Freddie when he was in the army. As I found out this weekend at a family reunion, my aunt, Linda Jane Hamlin-Fleming-Theens-McGregor, maintained contact with mother/daughter for a period of time. So yes, I do have a half sister who was born in Hawaii while my father served. It is very important to me that I find her. Please help me! Thank you so very very much in advance.

Posted: 25 Jul 2011 7:45AM GMT
It has come to my attention that the person I may be looking for is a Leilani Rose. I am not sure if that is the name of my possible half sister or her mother. But if there is anyone out there by the name of Leilani Rose, associated with the Army base in Hawaii between 1959-1962, who knew Freddie Thomas Hamlin who was stationed there during that time, please contact me at naturesjoy@hotmail.com. If you have an old picture of Freddie, lets compare photos and see if we have the same person. I have several pictures of Freddie when he was in the army. As I found out this weekend at a family reunion, my aunt, Linda Jane Hamlin-Fleming-Theens-McGregor, maintained contact with mother/daughter for a period of time. So yes, I do have a half sister who was born in Hawaii while my father served. It is very important to me that I find her. Please help me! Thank you so very very much in advance.

Posted: 9 Jan 2012 3:56AM GMT
Surnames: Delima
Hello,
My grandson was recently born and would love to add his ancestry to my family tree at http://powertree.tripod.com/ with broad relationships in many continents. My grandson's grandfather was Walter Kipu Delima b. 22 jan 1944 in Hawaii. His parents were Joseph Delima and Elizabeth Manner. I don’t know where in Hawaii Walter was born.

They had the following children:
Kaipo (deceased)
Duffy (deceased)
Joey (deceased)
Louie (deceased)
Gail (deceased)
Walter Kipu (my grandson’s grandfather, today not doing very well)
Monica
Kalani

Please help me out finding my grandson’s ancestry in Hawaii.
Thank you,
Ariel B. Power

powerwebs@comcast.net
per page

Find a board about a specific topic