Search for content in message boards

Peters, Bertha Winnie and daughter Elizabeth Smith obits.

Peters, Bertha Winnie and daughter Elizabeth Smith obits.

Posted: 29 Apr 2012 7:07PM GMT
Classification: Query
I am posting to the general board since I am uncertain where at least one of my requests was living after 1975 or so. I am hoping to locate 2 obituaries, one for Bertha Winnifred "Winnie" Peters who died in Feb. 1983 at the age of 97 in Vernon. Winnie's husband was Robert John Peters who died in 1962. Winnie and Robert John's only surviving child was Elizabeth, b. c1920, married James Earl Smith. Earl Smith d. Dec 1971 in Vancouver. A notice of Winnie's 90th birthday cited her daughter Elizabeth Smith attending along with Elizabeth's daughter Lynn Wood. That is the last news we had with the family. Elizabeth could easily have remarried also. Purchasing every death cert. for Elizabeth Smith from 1975 is cost prohibitive! Thank you for you trying! Dawn

Re: Peters, Bertha Winnie and daughter Elizabeth Smith obits.

Posted: 29 Apr 2012 7:50PM GMT
I can check for the obituary for Bertha Peters 1 Feb 1983 and also the death certificate to see if her daughter was the informant.

Judy

Posted: 29 Apr 2012 8:07PM GMT
Thank you JudyWasylenko! I definitely had not expected such a quick reply especially with a surname like Smith! I appreciate any help you can give! Dawn

Posted: 29 Apr 2012 8:31PM GMT
I can look for the obituary of Bertha Peters died Vernon. D

Posted: 1 May 2012 11:23PM GMT
Attached is the obituary for Bertha Peters. Elizabeth was the informant on Bertha's death certificate and gives residence in Oyama, BC 25 km south of Vernon. This is also where Bertha was buried.

Judy
Attachments:

Posted: 1 May 2012 11:32PM GMT
Thank you Judy! You've been helpful! I don't know what I'm going to do about Elizabeth! Have a great day! Dawn

Posted: 1 May 2012 11:47PM GMT
Oyama is a town of about 1,000. There are three Smiths there on Canada411. You might get lucky. I don't see any Eislers there.

Judy
per page

Find a board about a specific topic