Search for content in message boards

Harrison Brown Obituary

Harrison Brown Obituary

Marna Wakeland Wilson (View posts)
Posted: 1127965482000
Classification: Obituary
Surnames: Brown
Harrison Brown, the oldest man now living in Suez township, Mercer County,was born March 17,1808 in Nelson County, Kentucky and is aged 87 years. He came to Knox County Illinois in the fall of 1834, driving with an ox team. In March of 1835, he came to Mercer County, where he has since resided. In 1836, he settled on the farm north of here where he lived until 2 years ago
when he moved to Alexis. (Taken from the Aledo Press, Friday
11-23 1894 )

Re: Harrison Brown Obituary

Marna Wakeland Wilson (View posts)
Posted: 1127968947000
Classification: Biography
I mistakenly placed this as an obituary and I really meant it to be posted as a Biography. I do not have his death date.It was meant for information only. Sorry..

Posted: 1128740086000
Classification: Query
Thank you for posting that, he is my gg-grandfather. Harrison lived 11 more years, until 17Aug1908, age 97. He was buried, according to a newspaper clipping from Galesburg, in a private cemetery; I presume it may be a small plot on his homestead property on section 1 Suez twp., but it has not been located. He was married twice, first to Martha Greenwood in 1830, and after her death to Mrs. Lucretia (Greenwood) Wathen of Meade county, KY, in 1868. His second wife survived him another 7 years, passing away 23Aug1912 in Aledo, where she lived with a daughter from a previous marriage.

Posted: 1460033653000
Classification: Query
Hi Jim,
I wonder if you're still active and will see this ... I believe that there might be a connection to Harrison's son, Peter and Loammi Brown. According to the record book of the Aledo Cemetery (Mercer Co., IL) a Peter Brown was buried in #1 of the Brown Plot. However once the records were updated to cards, Peter is no longer listed but Loammi Brown is. Loammi is my 2nd great uncle. Thanks so much!
Beth
per page

Find a board about a specific topic