Search for content in message boards

Old Queens Borough Co. GA

Old Queens Borough Co. GA

Posted: 15 Aug 2009 4:21AM GMT
Classification: Birth
Surnames: Urquhart, Williams, Manning, Peters
I'd like to know if anyone can tell me where this county was in 1806? It's been reported that a possible grandmother Catharine Urquhart was born in this county I'd like to know where it would have been?
She was the dau. of John Urquhart they went to AL. In the 1850 Census of Pike Co. AL it only listed her being born in GA.
In all my years of researching GA I've never heard of this county. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
kindness, karen

Re: Old Queens Borough Co. GA

Posted: 15 Aug 2009 11:05AM GMT
Classification: Query
What is the source for the birth county? Am I correct in assuming that 1806 is the birth year for Catherine? Is she the Catherine that married John Allen Williams on Sept 12, 1826 in Ala?

Bernice

Posted: 15 Aug 2009 11:25PM GMT
Yes, she is the Catharine Urquhart that marriage John Allen Williams in Montgomery Co. AL. 1826. I was told she was born in Old Queens Borough Co. GA. but I didn't know where that county was or where I might find references to check. I'd like to have an idea where this area was in 1800's. Or what county it's near now?
Thank you so much for your reply. Help is greatly appreciated. kindness karen

Posted: 16 Aug 2009 11:33AM GMT
There was a Queensborough in St George's Parish. When counties were formed Queensborough would have been in Jefferson County Ga, near Louisville.

Posted: 16 Aug 2009 11:20PM GMT
Thank you so much for your help now will see if I can find the Queensborough, St. George Parish might have recorded births for the time line? When I saw it wondered if it could have been a Parish area of GA? It will give me a starting point. Many thanks again. kindness karen

Posted: 10 Apr 2012 1:51AM GMT
Karen,
I was going over Urquhart papers for the ump-teenth time and was searching to see where in the world would have been Old Queens Borough when I saw your post of 2009. Did you actually find this place? I am descended from Norman and then his son, Neill. I believe your Catherine must have been a daughter of Norman. I sure would appreciate any information you might have and likewise, I'd be happy to share what I have. Thanks, Jean
per page

Find a board about a specific topic