Search for content in message boards

Barfields of Marion County hear Lake View

Barfields of Marion County hear Lake View

Posted: 1444966116000
Classification: Query
Searching for information on a Civil Barfield who married James Grimsley. Census records indicate that she came from South Carolina. I believe she might have had an older sister named Emily who married a Levi Hays. I was wondering if anyone has come across Civil or Emily Barfield and if so, what line are they a part of.

Re: Barfields of Marion County hear Lake View

Posted: 1479676053000
Hi,
About when was she born?

Posted: 1479687663000
Hi... I believe she was born either in 1835 or 1837 in South Carolina. I believe she belongs to the Barfields in Dillon/Marion counties around the Lake View area. I am trying to determine if this is true and to which branch she and Emily belonged. Civil married James Grimsley and live in lower Robeson County, NC near Fairmont and Lake View area for the rest of her life. I was born in Marion and was always told that we belonged to the Barfields in that area but it was never confirmed. Appreciating any help.
Nelle

Posted: 1479752971000
Surnames: Barfield
Hi,

I found Emely and Civil on the 1850 Robeson Co. North Carolina (and Levi) Census.

Did either one of them die when death certificates were used? If the Informant knew their parents names, they will be on their death certificates.

They might be in their death notices/obits too.

Levi and Emely had only been married a year in 1850 which tells me the girls parents probably died 1840-1849 in Robeson Co. NC. The court would have guardianship records for at least Civil and maybe Emily.

I'd start the search for those records in Robeson Co., NC. They might not be indexed (probably not online) and might have to find them on microfilm and then look for them. Successful Searching!
per page

Find a board about a specific topic