Search for content in message boards

possible family connection

possible family connection

Carey Goodwin (View posts)
Posted: 956145600000
Classification: Query
Surnames: goodwin, mayfield
My father's name was Goodwin. His parents were Maureen and Manley Goodwin. I know while my father was growing up that they lived in Greenwood, AL., but I am not sure where Manley Goodwin was from orignally. It was told to us that Manley and his parents originated outside of AL., but that is about all I know for now. I'm currently researching my background, so I will post back when I receive more info. Hope you will do the same.

Mable Hardage-Goodwin

Posted: 965217600000
Edited: 1508998783000
Surnames: Hardage, Hardridge
I am the gg-grandson of Adam(Hardridge)Hardage b-1790 in Edgefield Cty. S.C.-settled in Upson Cty.Ga.We have native American connections all in this family,my direct line did not live on the reservations, which has made it almost imposible to trace. Any help would be appreciated,could i get information from the Creeknation?

Goodwin Connection?

Wordie Wilburn (View posts)
Posted: 965217600000
Edited: 1508998743000
Surnames: Goodwin, Hardage, Wilburn
One must start somewhere. I am the daughter of Lucinda (Goodwin) Wilburn who was the daughter of Mabel (Hardage)Goodwin m. Van Hoot Goodwin or 'Hoot' as mother called him. Mabel was on the rolls of Creek Nation - 1889. Does this sound familiar to anyone? There is so little information out there.. Wordie Wilburn

Re: Mable Hardage-Goodwin

Posted: 993431755000
Surnames: hardridge,terrell,wirick,sunny
I also show an Adam Hardridge when researching Taylor Hardridge, from Okmulgee, OK (IT). Adam is on the same Creek census card as Moucher/Mouchee, Lizzie and Nancy Hardridge. It "appears" Lizzie is Adams wife and Moucher adn Nancy his parents, based on Tribes/towns.

If Taylor and Adam could be cousins, then Siah/Joseph, Young and Warrior Hardridge appear to be the names coming to Western Creek land during one of the earlier removals.

Posted: 994634047000
Surnames: Hardridge - Hardage
Adam (Hardridge)Hardage was my g-ggrandfather born in Edgefield Cty,Sc.in the late 1700`s.He was married to Mariah (Aslin)Hardage ,they settled in Upson,Cty,Ga in1830 census. She filed for his pension from the War of 1812 and said he died in Upson Cty,5-10-1849.We haven`t found a grave or any other records of his death. Could he be the Adam Hardridge that shows up on the Creek census card.

Posted: 1007010092000
Edited: 1099973330000
Surnames: Hardage
I am looking for info on Mary Muskogee Hardage, Creek ancestry. Do you have anything on her in your line?

Dorothea

Marlin Hardage (View posts)
Posted: 1007082200000
I have no information on Mary Muscogee Hardage. She is registerred on the dawes rolls.This is all I have on her , if you get any more on her keep me posted.

Re: Goodwin Connection?

Posted: 1508948018000
I'm your link! I've done a lot of research on Mabel and the Hardage line and have pictures of Mabel's mother Rebecca! I hope I'm not too late to find you!

My husband is Rebecca and Lewis' grandson and Mabel's brother.

per page

Find a board about a specific topic