Search for content in message boards

James H. Dendy 1846 Will SC

James H. Dendy 1846 Will SC

Posted: 28 Feb 2001 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Will
Edited: 3 Jan 2002 11:48AM GMT
Surnames: REID, KNOX, DOYLE, ALEXANDER
James H. Dendy Will, May 13, 1846. Pickens Dist, SC.
Will Book No. 1
I, JAMES H. DENDY of Pickens Dist.SC being in a low state of health but of sound mind do constitute and ordain this my last Will and Testament. First, I give to my son, JAMES W. DENDY one note of hand on SAMUEL REID for three hundred and nine dollard and my silver watch. Secondly, to my beloved wife, ELIZABETH I give the whole balance of my real and personal estate for the payment of my debts and the benefit of her and my said heirs by her forever. Having given to MARIAH KNOX , one negro girl Philis, to MARTHA DOYLE a negro girl Clara and to CAROLINE E. ALEXANDER a negro girl Lucy being all I feel able to give them. It is my will that my wife apportion to my children by her as she may think best having full confidence in her discreation. I appoint my wife, ELIZABETH my sole Executrix.
JAS. H. DENDY

Re: James H. Dendy 1846 Will SC

Posted: 29 May 2007 7:04PM GMT
Classification: Query
Is this James Hogan Dendy (b. 13 Mar 1783, d. 14 July 1846)? If so, I am a direct descendant of him and Elizabeth Knox, his second wife.
Do you have more information?
More directly, I descend from his son Marshal Bertrand Dendy (wife, Mary Louisa Penney).
I am missing some of the dates of death for James Hogan Dendy's children. I have the birth dates but am missing the death dates of those of his first wife, Elizabeth Humphreys. There were five children - Ann Maria Dendy (b. 09 Oct 1813), Martha Humphreys Dendy (b. 18 Nov. 1816), Caroline Elizabeth Dendy (b. 03 Aug 1820), James Word Dendy (b. 29 Mar 1823) and Augustus Moore Dendy (b. 16 Jul 1826). I am also missing 3 of the children of Elizabeth Knox and Jame Hogan Dendy - Louise Walker Dendy (b. 09 Feb 1841), Samuel Knox Dendy (b. 26 Apr 1842) and Lucy Antoinette Dendy (b. 15 Dec. 1844).
Can you help me out with any of these?
I await your response.

Cynthia Fennell Queen

Posted: 13 Aug 2007 8:35PM GMT
Cynthia,

Samuel Knox Dendy m. Pauline S. Perry, he died 01 Oct 1926 in Oconee Co. and is buried at West View Memorial Cemetery, Walhalla, Oconee County, South Carolina.

Louise Walker Dendy m. Robert Stribling and William Neville but I am not sure in which order

Lucy Antoinette Dendy m. William F. Ervin on 14 Feb 1869 in Oconee Co. She died 14 Nov 1890 but I don't know where she is buried.

Posted: 20 Aug 2007 3:30PM GMT
Susan, Thank you so much for the information. It has helped me to fill some blanks. I treasure all my family information.

Cynthia Fennell Queen
queencynthia@charter.net
per page

Find a board about a specific topic