Search for content in message boards

William Boyd, Hopalong Cassidy

William Boyd, Hopalong Cassidy

Posted: 23 Apr 2010 4:58PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 25 Apr 2010 5:45AM GMT
Surnames: Boyd, Pickett
Hello,

I am related to William Boyd, Hopalong Cassidy. William Boyd was my great grandmother's brother. My great grandmother was named Goldie Boyd. However the Boyd family disowned Goldie because she married an Indian named Mylus Pickett. They had nineteen children. My grandmother was named Nellwood Pickett. She had a twin brother Elwood. William Boyd was the only member of the Boyd family that visited Goldie. He brought her items from his movies as gifts.

This is my first attempt to get in touch with Willam Boyd's family.

Thank you

Re: William Boyd, Hopalong Cassidy

Posted: 24 Apr 2010 3:55AM GMT
Surnames: Boyd
Hello,
WOW I am talking to my unlce on the phone and looking up my ancertry online while talking to him. He said that that would have been my great great great grandfather, William Boyd!!!!! Oh yeah, I can do this I am finding out so much new stuff and it is really cool!!! My uncle said that his grandmother told him that her grandfather was cheerokee, do you know what kind of indian he was for sure?

Posted: 25 Apr 2010 1:27AM GMT
Hello,

I do not know for sure. My mother thinks it was Cherokee. But I am just going on what I have heard all my life from my mother. I have not looked into this professionally. I am just trying to do some research on my own.

Posted: 28 Mar 2012 12:51AM GMT
My Grammy passed last February and she always said that we were related to Hopalong. My Gram;s family is Boyd

Posted: 10 Jun 2012 10:32PM GMT
Hello,
My great grandmother was also a sister of William Lawrence Boyd. Her name was Delia Boyd Carmack. It is very interesting that none of the females are listed with William any where.
Thank you for your time,
Michelle Smith Metek

Posted: 12 Jun 2012 3:35AM GMT
Well, while not a related Boyd, my name is also "William Lawrence Boyd". My parents swear I was not named after Hopalong. I've had people over a certain age calling me "Hoppy" for many years. Glad to hear he was a nice guy too!

Good luck!

Posted: 12 Jun 2012 3:42PM GMT
I could not find the females mentioned either.

Posted: 13 Jun 2012 7:42PM GMT
Is there a William Y. Boyd in this family that anyone knows of?

Posted: 6 Jul 2013 11:12PM GMT
Hello my grandfather oscar boyd is from what i understand is a cousin to william boyd if anyone has information to help me with my family history search please email me. I do have a bit of information for some of our relatives.

Posted: 1 Dec 2013 4:46AM GMT
I had the same experience with my grandfather who died in 2004. He told me many times that he was related to Hopalong Cassidy on his mothers side, Freda Boyd. he also mentioned that he had Cherokee in his blood line. Reading these posts has inspired me to sign back up to Ancestry.com. and do more research.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic