Search for content in message boards

Socastee Southern Methodist Church

Socastee Southern Methodist Church

Eugene C. Brock, Jr. (View posts)
Posted: 22 Jun 2006 3:13AM GMT
Classification: Query
Is there available a picture of the "little" Southern Methodist Church that used to be located in Socastee? I'm interested in locating a picture.

Re: Socastee Southern Methodist Church

Ben Burroughs (View posts)
Posted: 22 Aug 2006 5:55PM GMT
Are you referring to the current Socastee United Methodist Church, which is located near the old turn bridge?

Eugene C. Brock, Jr. (View posts)
Posted: 22 Aug 2006 11:05PM GMT
The Southern Methodist Church I'm referring to was located at a differnt location. It was a mile there abouts from the Socastee High School on the left as one would travel to Myrtle Beach. It was started some where about the 1940s or 1950s my guess. It no long stands. Thanks

Posted: 13 Apr 2012 3:09AM GMT
Classification: Bible
Surnames: Socastee Southern Methodist Church
The Socastee Southern Methodist tChurch was organized in the early 1940's. My family attended..(Reuben Sarvis) We would walk 3 miles from down the Peachtree road. I have a picture of Bill Bryant,children from the Johnathan and Penny Hucks, Sammy and Nancy Sarvis. It was heated with a large heater on the left side and we used oil lamps until Bill Bryant wired the building for electricity, Our music was a pump organ that Aunt Fanny Stalvey and my Sister, Jane played. (Jane now owns the Sarvis Ammons House),
per page

Find a board about a specific topic