Search for content in message boards

Fender Methodist Church in Loudon Co., TN

Fender Methodist Church in Loudon Co., TN

Linda Moore (View posts)
Posted: 17 Nov 2004 4:15AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Fender, McCoy, McBride
My gggf Michael Fender and his wife Winnie Holcomb moved from NC to a part of Monroe Co. that later became Loudon Co. He died there in 1866 (four years before Loudon Co. was formed) and was buried near a "Fender Methodist Church" which had an adjoining cemetery. I have pictures of that cemetery but have not been able to find out exactly where it is located. His grandson (my ggf) Robert Newton Fender spoke of a homeplace "near Sweetwater, TN". Sometimes the family claimed to be from Roane Co., TN, and this is where all their children were said to have been born. (I think all three counties are close?) Has anyone ever heard of this "Fender Methodist Church" or cemetery? Is there any way to find its exact location?
Thanks,

Linda Moore

Re: Fender Methodist Church in Loudon Co., TN

Linda M. Skinner (View posts)
Posted: 21 Nov 2004 2:27PM GMT
Surnames: Mincey/Mincy
Linda,
This Church/cemetery is located on hwy. 68 going west out of Sweetwater. It is only a few miles from town and located on the right side of the road. The cemetery is directly by the church. If going S on I 75 it is the first Sweetwater exit.

Linda Moore (View posts)
Posted: 21 Nov 2004 3:21PM GMT
Surnames: Fender, McCoy, McBride
Thank you so much for your reply, Linda.

Posted: 13 Apr 2012 3:37PM GMT
Fender's is not on Highway 68. It is on Oakland Road, SR-322, heading west off of North Main Street in Sweetwater. Not far after you cross the Loudon county line, it is on the right.

Posted: 16 Apr 2012 1:10AM GMT
Thanks so much for the information.

Linda

Posted: 16 May 2012 1:52AM GMT
2528 Oakland Rd, Sweetwater, TN 37874
From the Holston UMC conference website.

Posted: 16 May 2012 2:17AM GMT
Thanks for the exact address.

Posted: 28 Oct 2012 10:30PM GMT
I was just at Fenders on Wed. looking for Walker graves. It was right on the road as I was on my way to Stockton Valley Rd. so I stopped. I noticed several Moores. Have you tried looking on Findagrave.com? Sometimes they even have photos of the graves.

Posted: 29 Apr 2013 8:21PM GMT
My grandfather was Walter Rhea Luttrell. He donated the land Fenders Methodist Church and the adjoining cemetary are located on. Our old homestead was adjacent to the cemetary.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic