Search for content in message boards

rebecca bell whisenhunt children?

rebecca bell whisenhunt children?

Posted: 21 May 2001 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 7 May 2002 12:29AM GMT
Surnames: BELL, WHISENHUNT, McRAE, CARROLL
I'M TRYING TO FIND THE CHILDREN OF REBECCA BELL. SHE HAD SEVERAL. SOME OF THEM SHOW INSOME CENCUS AS 'BELL' AND IN OTHER AS 'WHISENHUNT' AND McRAE. SHE WAS BORN ABT 1820 IN RANDOLPH CO . NO. CAROLINA THEN WENT TO CARROLL CO. GA. TENN, AND ARKANSAS SHE WAS FOUND IN WHITE, MUDDY FORK AND THOMPSON TOWNSHIPS IN ARKANSAS. SOME OF HER CHILDREN WERE DANIEL(BELL) WHISENHUNT B ABT.1835-WILLIAM(BELL) WHISEENHUNT ABT 1850
SILAS McRAE 1838 ALL IN CARROLL CO GA. MARGARET "BELL" WHISENHUNT1858 THOMAS JEFFERSONBELL(MY G-GRANDFATHER)1863 ISACC 'BELL' WHISENHUNT1867 SILAS W."BELL" WHISENHUNT 1871MARY M.L. BELL WHISENHUNT 1878- JAMES C"BELL" WHISENHUNT1876 I THINK THE LAST 3 MIGHT HAVE BEEN POSSIBLY GRANDKIDS. THEY WERE BORN IN MUDDY FORK AND WHITE TOWNSHIPS. IN PIKE CO AR.
THOMAS JEFFERSON MARRIED A MARTHA CORNISH AN DTHEY HAD 10 KIDS TOGHTER. THEY BOTH DIED VERY YOUNG AND THE KIDS WERE SENT TO FAMILY AND FRIENDS LIVE. THEIR KIDS WERE CHARLIE, 1884,SARAH(SALLIE)1886,WILLIAM(WILLIE)1888, NANCY(NANNY) TONY SILAS(MY GRANDFATHER) ROSIE ARLIN1893, LETHAL (DIED AS iNFANT)LUCAIN, LUTHOR (TWINS),LEROY(THOMAS).
I YOU KNOW ANYTHING OR ARE RELATED TO ANY OF THESE PEOPLE PLEASE HELP US FIND THIER DESCENDENTS.
THANK SO MUCH
DEBBIE BELL MORRRIS

Re: rebecca bell whisenhunt children?

Posted: 21 Aug 2003 8:16AM GMT
Surnames: whisenhunt
Whisenhunts of Caroll county Georgia
MY gg Father was a sibling to Perter Whisenhunt b) 1805 Nouth Carolina and a women BELL ( but i got her name as Mary (Polly Bell)B)1800 NC there Childred together married on march 1822

Josiah B. whisenhunt B 1826 in Carroll co
Rebecca Whisenhunt b) Randolf co North Carolina
Philip Whisenhunt b)1831
Margaret Peggy Whisenhung b) 1833
Silas whisenhunt b)1839
Adam Whisenhunt b 1840Pr
Robert Whisenhunt b 1941
Peter B whisenhunt b) 1842
George Whisenhunt B) 1844
Danial whisenhunt b) 1845
William Whisenhunt B) 1848

If you read this and still think we could be in the same whisenhunt family Im related to bother George as a GG grand Father and WIlliam and a !/2 gg Uncle and 1/2 gg step Grand father
YES IT MAKES NO SINCE
MY great grand mother carrie??? married George whisenhunt had to childred Hattie and Maxine Hattie is my grand mother
Carrie then put George in to a Oklahoma Mental Hospital and married his brother while he was staying and being treated...
She married my Great Uncle william whisenhunt making him my also gg step grand father
Oh my mom dont talk about it at all, She grew up thinking William was her grandfather until George got out of the metal ward. I would also if you kind to this Whisenhunt to please Email me privately if you blood kind to them that is
spenderalla1972@yahoo.com
I would also like to have and trade information with you on them I found them in 2 state just started my family tree on that side of the family and the gggggrand father is Adam Whisenhunt b) 1769 in Linclon co N C and a Barbara ????? B) 1771 Randolph co NC

Im sure im kind to you or someone you know and would like to get some of there story ive been told and learn about this carrie ??? someone
The Mental disorder in the whisenhunt blood are for a facted passed down, and i would like to share my family mental state with you it every other gereration..........thank you sandy

Posted: 13 Nov 2006 2:25PM GMT
Hi Debbie,
I don't know if I have corresponded with you before or not but some of these people are are in my family tree also. My grandparents were Columbus and Lee Cornish, Sam and Emma Cornish had a girl that stayed with them named Rosie Bell. They lived in Nathen, Pike, AR. which is right there close to Muddy Fork.
Barbara Canright

Posted: 22 Mar 2007 9:38PM GMT
Surnames: Whisenhunt, Bell, Green, Mason
My family are of Joseph or Josiah Benjamin Whisenhunt b. Jan 1872 ARK d 24 Dec 1919 ARK (from influenza) mar Emily Lou "Etta" Green b 8 Dec 1877 d 23 Mar 1940 Broken Bow, OK.
They lived in Pike CO, Howard Co., & Dierks Co, AR. I have pictures of Etta Green Whisenhunt but nont of Ben or Benjamin. Does anyone else have any. I believe that Benjamins father was Joseph Josiah Whisenhunt b 1837/1843 GA d 4 Mar 1897 Center Point, Howard Co, AR mar Parthena E. White b 1847 TN (dau of Hugh L. White & Bashaby b abt 1820 (am wondering if Bashaby may have been Cherokee Indian). Joseph Benjamin Whisenhunt & Emily Lou "Etta" Green Whisenhunt has a dau Ethel Corilla Whisenhunt b 14 Nov 1902 in Newhope, Pike Co, AR d. 27 Aug 1953 Shawnee, Potowatamie Co, OK. Ethel mar 15 /feb 1919 Foreman, Little River Co, AR to Barney Tillman Mason, SR b 14 Apr 1896 Pleasant Hill, Little River Co, AR d 22 Nov 1988, Lubbock, TX. Barney & Ethel were my grandparents.

Posted: 23 Mar 2007 2:16AM GMT
i don't have one of ben but i think i do have one of joseph and parthena. i am trying to find one of rebecca and mary polly. do you have one ?

Posted: 6 Jun 2007 6:14PM GMT
Was Bashaby a full Cherokee Indian?
I believe so. Why?
First, find a Howard Co history book and look for Joel or John Chandler.
You may not know this, but Parthenia was married to John Chandler before she married Joseph Whisenhunt.
JOHN CHANDLER:Killed by Jayhawkers when they raided his home. Military service: October 1863, Arkansas 4th Calvary
Parthenia was with child when John was killed.
Joseph Whisenhunt and Parthenia married, and when the child was born he was named John Chandler after his biological father. If my memory is still functioning. I belive the book also refers to Parthenia as being half Cherokee.
This would mean Bashaby would have to be a full Indian.
I don't belive she could read or write and I'm not sure she knew her true age. If you look at census records 1850 thru 1880 her named is spelled four differnt ways.
1850--Bashaby--30
1860--Bashey--42
1870--Basheala--44
1880--ABASHA--67
I seem to remember a group picture in the Howard Co book of the son John Chandler with the family and I think Parthenia is in the photo.
I got more if your interested.
Have you ever been to Howard or Pike Co Ark?

Posted: 6 Jun 2007 6:29PM GMT
Debbie, I may only make matters more confusing.
The one thing I pretty sure of is this.
1880 Census Township: Muddy Fork

Page: 430 Dwelling/Family: 276/276
MCRAE, SILAS M W 44 HEAD GA GA GA
MCRAE, LEITHA F W 37 WIFE AR TN TN
MCRAE, WILLIAM J. M W 8 SON AR GA AR
MCRAE, DELCENI F W 7 DAU AR GA AR
MCRAE, THOMAS R. M W 6 SON AR GA AR
MCRAE, HUGH L. M W 5 SON AR GA AR
MCRAE, NANCY A. F W 3 DAU AR GA AR
MCRAE, (NOT NAMED) F W 1 DAU AR GA AR
WHITE, ABASHA F W 67 M/L AR UNK UNK
The wife Leitha is Leitha White sister of Parthenia White (Whisenhunt). Notice: the mother in law Abasha White.

Posted: 7 Jun 2007 2:07AM GMT
Surnames: Whisenhunt, Bell, Mason, Green, Shipman, White , Blackwood
Thanks for info. No I have not been there. My mother, Zama Lou Mason, daughter of Barney Tillman Mason and Ethel Corilla Whisenhunt was born in Foreman, ARK at Pleasant Hill. Emily Lou Etta Green Whisenhunt was Ethel's mother who married Joseph Benjamin Whisenhunt, son of Joseph Josiah Whisenhunt and Parthenia White. My mother Zama (who goes by Lucy), married Charles Berry Shipman, Jr and she has pictures of some of the Greens, but I would love to have any photos of the Whisenhunts. My email is bccorey50@yahoo.com. I wish I could get my hands on a Howard County History Book. I live in Brackettville, near Del Rio, TX next to the Mexican border. It is hard for us to travel very far, so any info would be appreciated.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic