Search for content in message boards

Geronimo's Descendants?

Geronimo's Descendants?

Posted: 1006293805000
Classification: Query
Edited: 1056235986000
Surnames: Stephens, Geronimo
We have always been told that we can trace my husband's blood line to Geronimo's family. My husband's ggrandmother was Flora May Stephens, b: 5-16-1887 in Garvin, Oklahoma. We don't have any information on her parents. Rumor says that she was an orphan at Ft. Sill, Oklahoma. Her death announcement lists atleast 4 siblings, Robert Stephens in California, Lee and Robert Stephens in Atoka, Oklahoma, and Lillie Hayes in Atoka, Oklahoma.

If anyone can help in this blood line, please let me know.

Collette Wilkes (ColletteWilkes@aol.com)

Re: Geronimo's Descendants?

Richard (View posts)
Posted: 1057031792000
Bravo, bravo, I'm looking too!!!!! Richard

Posted: 1065673836000
Edited: 1107062899000
The last chief of the Ft. Sill Apaches that died a few years ago was the granddaughter of Geronimo . The Ft. Apaches tribal complex is located near Apache ,OK. You might
want to find out what her name was and start there.

Alchesay Sabala (View posts)
Posted: 1068112631000
The person who was tribal chairperson was Ms. Ruey Darrow. the fort sill apaches might be a good contact.

Posted: 1219336385000
Hi I am Kathy Martinez, my grandmother is florencia or lancha.She told me about living in white mountain. She claim that Geronimo was her grandfather. She change her last name in 1920. She said they only use one name no last names,but her mother last was gamboa I do not know her real dad name.Toribio , cayetano ,antonia ,apolonia,tiburico,beaulia,lino garcia do you know any of these family?

Posted: 1219358538000
Kathy,

None of those names ring a bell in the history that I've got. I'm to the point that I think the stories handed down to my generation were false or wishful thinking.

Thank you for sending me an email. If I run across any of these names, I'll let you know.

Thanks again,

Collette Wilkes

Posted: 1219548629000
Surnames: martinez florence flora
Hi ,we did our dna our bloodline is native american. My grandmther name was florence, florencia, she was native her family in white mountain,. She change her name in 1920. Her and my dad change there names .All I know is her family knew her.let me run some other names .She was sold to the mexican in mexico .The rancher name was Toribio lopez Her mother name was Hermegildia . I done know if that her ma. Also gamboa or jemez She said , last names replace. I found my dad with two names E Martinez and Ezekiel Martinez. My dad and my grandmther spoke apache language.

Posted: 1219609716000
Hi this is Enriqueta Martinez my research into our family tree is increditable. I found that my family memebers change there names .Look up the letter day of saints family research .They have real records of ou native american search. I have track down the family line and also ancestry has Indian

Posted: 1232577315000
Collette,

could you possibly email me at mahytabel@yahoo.com? I have a question for you and your email addy listed here is defunct.

Thanks,
Carrie Marsh

Posted: 1392189705000
Surnames: martinez
My grandmother was from Mesilla,NM her name was Magdalena Martinez and her father was Narciso Martinez lived on the Tortugas reservation Narciso also had a brother named Luís if this sounds familiar to any of you please add your information ,my family did the geneology and our line traces bk to Geronimo
per page

Find a board about a specific topic