Search for content in message boards

Gillan, Stellarton, Joseph MacDonald

Gillan, Stellarton, Joseph MacDonald

Posted: 25 Apr 2012 12:55PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Gillan MacDonald
Joseph MacDonald was born on April 19, 1919 in Stellarton, Pictou County, Nova Scotia. His mother was reputed to be a Gillan and gave the baby up for adoption. This was recognized by his baptism certificate when his middle name of Gillan was recorded on June 8, 1919 at Lourdes RC Church in Stellarton. His adoptive parents were John Laughie MacDonald and Maggie MacInnis. I have looked in all the usual spots for information on a Gillan family in Stellarton but was unable to find anything. Any information that could be provided would be welcome.

Re: Gillan, Stellarton, Joseph MacDonald

Posted: 27 Apr 2012 2:36PM GMT
This post was deleted by the author on 14 Aug 2012 4:41AM GMT

Re: Gillan, Stellarton, Joseph MacDonald

Posted: 3 May 2012 1:16PM GMT
Thanks for your help on this. I was aware of the communities around New Glasgow, since many of my spouse's family still lives in the area. I have also found a few Gillans in the area (i.e 2 William Gillans and a Thomas Gillan) but so far no female Gillans who would be of child bearing age around 1919. Since a priest was reputed to be involved in the adoption, I am assuming that the birth mother was also a Catholic, yet most of the Gillans I have found are classified as Presbyterians. So, no luck so far.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic