Search for content in message boards

William Montgomery Renwick

William Montgomery Renwick

Posted: 17 Mar 2012 4:11AM GMT
Classification: Query
William Montgomery Renwick died Apr 28 1929 Nigeria per his headstone in Falkirk Cemetery. William born abt 1881 Edinburgh, Scotland.

Was a West African Trader.

Looking to find cause of death and perhaps exact location.

thanks

Re: William Montgomery Renwick

Posted: 29 Oct 2016 4:22AM GMT
Classification: Death
Surnames: Renwick
I was told that William died of Blackwater Fever. He was my grandfather's brother. He married Elsie ? and had a son Drew. I have their wedding photo and a photo of Elsie with Drew.

Posted: 29 Oct 2016 4:25AM GMT
Classification: Death
I was told William dies from Blackwater Fever.
William was my grandfather's brother. He married Elsie ? on Dec 7th, 1916/1917. They had a son named Drew.

I have photos of the wedding and of Elsie with Drew.
Attachments:

Posted: 29 Oct 2016 5:32AM GMT
Surnames: renwick
Jennifer thank you this. William M Renwick is a very distant relative. he is a 3rd cousin, three times removed. William is on my material side of my Inglis family.

This is my research on William. I have his ancestors as well.

William Montgomery Renwick-1. He was born on Aug 21, 1881 in Duddingston, Midlothian, Scotland [1]. Occupation on Dec 06, 1916 (West African Trader). Residence on Dec 06, 1916 in Koks, Nigeria. He died on Apr 28, 1929 in Nigeria, Africa. Cause of Death was Blackwater Fever [2]. Burial in Camelon Cemetery, Falkirk, Stirlingshire, Scotland.

Elsie A Scott is the daughter of Andrew Scott and Annie Laing Miller. She was born Abt. 1894 in Falkirk, Stirlingshire, Scotland. She died on Oct 24, 1979. Burial in Camelon Cemetery, Falkirk, Stirlingshire, Scotland.

William Montgomery Renwick and Elsie A Scott. They were married on Dec 06, 1916 in Windsor Hotel, Glasgow, Lanark, Scotland [3]. They had 1 child.

i.

Andrew Scott Renwick. He was born on Jun 14, 1922 in Penninghame, Wigtownshire, Scotland. Military Serial Number Sep 1941 (Sergeant (Air Bomber) 1552246, Royal Air Force Volunteer Reserve). He died on Sep 10, 1942 in Halesworth, Suffolk, England [4]. Burial in Camelon Cemetery, Falkirk, Stirlingshire, Scotland [5].

Sources

LDS. William Montgomery Renwick

Gender Male

Birth Date 21 Aug 1881

Birthplace Duddingston, Midlothian, Scotland

Father's Name James Brown Renwick

Mother's Name Catharine Reid Smith Renwick.

Miscellaneous. Oct 26 2016 via Ancestry Message Board - I was told William dies from Blackwater Fever. William was my grandfather's brother. He married Elsie ? on Dec 7th, 1916/1917. They had a son named Drew.

GROS, 644/10 2651. 1916 Renwick William Montgom Scott Elsie A Blythswood Glasgow City/Lanark.

Miscellaneous. CAMELON CEMETERY Andrew S. Renwick, Sergeant Observer, Royal Air Force, only son of the late Mr. W. M. Renwick, Nigeria, and of Mrs. Renwick, Prospect House, Bridge of Allan, was born on 14th June 1922 and attended Watson's from 1928 to 1938, when he became apprenticed to the estate agent for Drummuir Castle, Banffshire. Joining the R.A.F. in September 1941, he was killed near Halesworth, Suffolk, on 10th September 1942. Vickers Wellington IC DV930 of 11 O.T.U.Took off from Steeple Mordon at 21.05 10.09.42 on raid to Dusseldorf. Crashed at 23.45 at Herne Hill Farm, Chediston, Suffolk.He died of injuries later next day.

Renwick, Andrew Scott Initials: A S Nationality: United Kingdom Rank: Sergeant (Air Bomber)

Regiment/Service: Royal Air Force Volunteer Reserve Age: 20 Date of Death: 11/09/1942

Service No: 1552246 Additional information: Son of William Montgomery & Elsie A. Renwick (nee Scott), of Edinburgh. Casualty Type: Commonwealth War Dead Grave/Memorial Reference: Sec. 12. Grave 421 Cemetery: Falkirk Cemetery.
my e mail is neil.spacinsky@gmail.com
Tks again, Neil Canada

Posted: 29 Oct 2016 5:35AM GMT
Was your Grandfather either Alexander Reid Renwick or James Brown Renwick?
per page

Find a board about a specific topic