Search for content in message boards

West Lothian Ancestors

West Lothian Ancestors

Posted: 25 Apr 2001 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 22 Jul 2002 11:09PM GMT
Surnames: Whyte, White, Kidd
The information I have is of Christiana Whyte (or White) born to Lord Whyte (or White) in 1781 in Linlithgow. Married Alexander Kidd (form Bo'ness)1804 and immigrated to Canada in 1815.
Does anyone know more about this family or living relatives in Scotland?

Re: West Lothian Ancestors

Terence Kidd (View posts)
Posted: 16 Dec 2001 4:38PM GMT
I have a line of Alexander Kidd's in my ancestry from the Bo'ness area. I have one Alexander Kidd born Mar 15, 1774 in Carriden, Scotland. I don't have any marriage information for him. Do you have a birth date for your Alexander?

My Kidd line moved to Canada about 1912. Look forward to hearing from you!

Terence Kidd terstamp@aol.com

Posted: 3 May 2002 5:49PM GMT
Hello..my name is Lorrie Black the info I have on Christiana Whyte/White is her birth, marriage and death dates, where she is buried and her kids and their kids and so on. If you need any of this info drop me a line. I too am trying to find info on Lord and Lady Whyte.
email:lorrie@bmts.com

Posted: 27 Jun 2004 8:29PM GMT
Surnames: WHITE/WHYTE, KIDD
Christiana White b. 1781 in Linlithgow, Scotland who married Alexander Kidd b. 1780 in Bo'ness, Scotland are listed on www.shipslist.com as members of the Edinburgh Settlers 1815. He is listed as a cartwright aged 34 who resided in Blackburn (Kilmarnock). They were passengers on the transport Baltic Merchant with 7 children (4 sons and 3 duaghters. They are my husband's maternal ancestors. I too would like any information on Lord White and family of the Kidd family in Scotland.

Posted: 27 Jun 2004 10:12PM GMT
Edited: 19 Jun 2005 6:43AM GMT
Surnames: Kidd, Harrison
Thanks for your reply.. I have the information you have, and I also have a few more children for them . If you would like to compare notes, you can e-mail me at harrisonfam@shaw.ca

gillian (View posts)
Posted: 6 Jun 2005 8:31PM GMT
Re Your Alexander Kidd Married to Christina Whyte - Do you know who his parents are?

Posted: 6 Jun 2005 8:52PM GMT
Edited: 19 Jun 2005 6:43AM GMT
Surnames: Kidd, Whyte
No sorry I don't.
If I had to guess it would be Alexander, James, Walter or John as those are his son's names. There is also a Jessie listed as male, may be female.

Posted: 8 Jun 2005 2:53AM GMT
Surnames: Kidd/White/Whyte
No I don't. I am trying to find out who the parents of each of them are but have run into a dead end at present. I did discover at the National Archives of Scotland that there was no record of a Lord White/Whyte in the Edinburgh/Linlithgow/Bo'Ness area. But family tales that Christiana was daughter of the Lord of the manor may be circumspect.

Posted: 19 Feb 2012 5:09PM GMT
has anyone learned any new information on this subject?
per page

Find a board about a specific topic